My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to an overnight stay and meal out, we choose this place as it had many good reviews, I am pleased we did we had a lovely time and the meal was very good, we enjoyed it very much. The wine was also good with some reasonably priced ones on the menu. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere and was full, the service was excellent, the staff are so polite. Our room was a standard double (cottage) which was quite small but everything was there we needed and the bathroom and shower were good, the room was very clean and well maintained. There was also some nice touches in the room, good toiletries, homemade biscuits and a dab radio along with all the usual. One of the best things was breakfast in the morning in the conservatory which was very tasty. We would certainly return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Lake District - Keswick