“great with the kids”
Review of Go Ape Whinlatter

Go Ape Whinlatter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Highest Go Ape in the country plus NEW Forest Segways It's so high you can see all the way to Scotland. Enjoy a Tree Top Adventure with us in our beautiful forest, riding zip slides through skies, over water and in England's only true mountain forest. We're sure you'll love the spectacular views of the Lake District. Swinging through the canopy, wiping out at the bottom of zip wires and going on an adventure brings people together like nothing else we've ever seen. It really does. We'll brief you for safety before you fly down our zip-wires, leap off our Tarzan Swing and tackle our crossings whilst enjoying some of Britain's most breathtaking scenery. And you can get off road and enjoy our epic forest adventure with Go Ape Forest Segway - an awesome segway experience in the Lakes with a down to earth twist. A great idea for a day out in the North Lakes (and home to Bassenthwaite ospreys), this is Go Ape at its most untamed.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Loved this day out regardless of the weather (I recommend buying the gloves wtih the little rubber grippers they sell in the officewhich are inexpensive and worth it when it gets chilly). The course is beautifully laid out and very safe - but still plenty of excitement for the kids & adults alike. Be sure to pay attention to the chaperoning requirements - they are strict about the ratio of kids to adults

1  Thank Robert D

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My friend and I had sooo much fun doing the Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course! The course was very big and great fun throughout, with extreme and easy routes. While I wouldn't consider myself a scaredy-cat, I found the course very thrilling and a great adrenaline buzz! I liked how you were free to do the course in your own time, as I have done one of these before in Thailand where you had to stay with the instructor for the whole experience. I found that very restrictive so Go Ape was great that way.
The instructors were very friendly and competent. Our instructor gave a very clear, comprehensive demonstration before we started and the harnesses were very easy to use. I also felt very safe throughout, even though the heights were terrifying! A truly brilliant experience!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited Go Ape for our adventure today after visiting a couple of days earlier to see if our daughter and me (mum) could handle the course. On arrival we received a warm welcome from Becky our instructor and she showed us the ropes (excuse the pun)!!! After which we where let loose on the course, there were 3 of us but 9 other people booked but after the initial safety talk we were off at our own speed and not left hanging around. Even though the instructor does not accompany you on the course they keep a watchful eye on your progress from the ground. With dad keeping a watchful eye on our daughter who is the minimum age of 10 she managed easily. Thanks to all the professional staff for their smiles and encouragement when things got tough for me we all completed the 5 sections of the course and had a great experience. Although on booking we thought it might be a little expensive after an enjoyable day we found it well worth the money. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank CatintheHat1234
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Staff are Fabulous, course itself brilliant a fantastic team building day. A few families on the course to will be back with the crew soon

1  Thank sinsam54
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My two daughters and I took three of my grandchildren there in Summer while We stay in Keswick.
We have a lovely time there and done some great walk. The cafe served really lovely food. That was lovely after the long walk. We all enjoyed our time there.

1  Thank 687Syau