Review Highlights
Charming and delicous!

A lovely way to spend a few hours. Teresita and her husband are charming, warm and welcoming. We... read more

Reviewed March 27, 2016
Amigamadre
Fun to spend the day at a great cook's home!

This is a fun day. A short train ride from the city and you are in the lovely town of Adrogue... read more

Reviewed January 19, 2016
lacrosse_9
Orinda, California

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Teresita - and her husband and grand-daughter were the most gracious hosts for an afternoon of empanadas and parilla! And .... omg - DELICIOUS! Opening up her kitchen to host visitors from around the world, to cook, share, drink wine, and enjoy the back yard - it was amazing!
Make time to do this!!!
(Note: Plan ahead and give yourself time to get there! BA traffic can be BAD... Taking the shuttle was the easiest, though a shuttle sits in the same traffic as a car would, they take the best route.)

Date of experience: April 2014
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife and I travel to Buenos Aires every winter. For the past several years we attend a cooking class at Teresita's home. She has several events weekly and they are all fun. This year we attended her BBQ. The day begins with learning how to make empanadas from scratch. While doing so we sample numerous wines and finally get to enjoy our own cooking. After that her husband Raul cooks a fabulous meal comprised of steaks, ribs, etc.,and of course more wines. It is so much fun. After being in the Buenos Aires for several days it is nice to spend a day in someone's home. She has a restful backyard in a very nice neighborhood. Her kitchen is large enough for 8 people to make empanadas at the same time. Her home is accessible by rail road service and it costs less than a USD. We look forward to our next visit. Viva!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I took Teresita's full day cooking class with a trip to the butcher shop. The other couple scheduled cancelled due to illness so it was just us. Of course the cooking lessons were fantastic, the meats from the BBQ were so flavorful, moist, tasty, and tender and eating in their backyard while visiting and drinking wine was such a nice experience. It was nice feeling like you were part of the family cooking in Teresita's kitchen while drinking wine, just like at home. In fact, I think we'll make empanadas tonight so we can relive our experience at Teresita's! We ended with desert and limoncello in the backyard and took the Adrogue shuttle service back to the city (very easy to find and much less expensive than hiring a driver). Although we loved the cooking experience, the food and the wine, we most enjoyed meeting Teresita, her husband, and her granddaughter and really enjoyed the discussions and our perspectives on life, living in Argentina, etc. Thank you for a wonderful experience Teresita and family!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

My sister, my boyfriend, and I came to Buenos Aires for a wedding. We decided that we wanted to spend our vacation enjoying all the cultural aspects of the city. So, after staying at an estancia and living in an apartment in San Telmo, we ended our trip with this cooking class with Teresita. And we didn't regret it for a second. It gave us a chance to learn a new skill and meet new people, all while drinking a little wine of course! The entire class wasinformative and fun. Teresita was happy to answer any questions and her family was very friendly. By the end of the experience, we were riding the train back into the city with our fellow students and we couldn't stop talking about how much fun we had. Now that I am back in New York and planning a dinner party to show off my culinary know-how, Teresita is still more than willing to answer all my questions. I only wish I had thought to take more notes and more pictures!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We took Teresita's empanada class -- four adults and a four-year-old. Teresita and her husband and granddaughter welcomed us and talked us through every step of two types of empanadas, from the dough to the fillings. The four-year-old enjoyed helping and explored the yard between projects. Teresita sent us out to the terrace with a bottle of torrontes wine and explained the origins of the varietal, and we sipped both torrontes and malbec while we ate our work both baked and fried. It was an easy ride out of Buenos Aires by train, a pretty walk to the house, and a relaxing and fun way to spend half a day on vacation. We're looking forward to trying the recipes at home!