“Fun way to spend the day!”

Cooking With Teresita
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Adrogue
More attraction details
Owner description: Immerse yourself in the Argentine culture by eating and drinking as the locals do. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves for a hands-on experimentation at Teresita’s home kitchen. Learn how to prepare Empanadas Argentinas. Teresita will share regional techniques, ingredients, and a family empanada recipe that has been passed down over the generations.
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun way to spend the day!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I recently attended the empanada class with Teresita during our trip to Buenos Aires. The class was held in Teresita's lovely house in a charming suburb of Buenos Aires. Teresita and her husband were very welcoming hosts even though we were very late. (We took the train there, and even though Teresita gave us detailed directions, we should have allowed more time for travel.) She was funny, patient and informative as she taught us how to make asada and humita empanadas. After the class, we enjoyed the empanadas and wine in her gorgeous backyard. The class was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!

Visited May 2013

Palo Alto, California
“Brilliant teacher! Delicious food! Lovely setting!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Teresa and her husband hosted my husband and I for their empanada class. The other patrons had canceled but they still held the class just for us. Teresa's home and kitchen is everything you'd want it to me - warm and homey and authentic. Her instruction was clear and we learned a ton. They were will to help us practice our Spanish and we had a wonderful chat while devouring the results of the class! Our best day in Buenos Aires by far!

Don't be concerned about the distance outside of the city. The shuttle buses she recommends are easy to use, clean, cheap and friendly.

Visited May 2013
Essex, United Kingdom
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 272 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Empanada-Filled Day”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I took the Culinary and Wine Tasting Tour with Teresita, and we had a wonderful day! Teresita was quick to respond to our emails, and her home is absolutely beautiful. We toured a local farmer's market, butcher, and bakery, and then headed back to her home to make empanadas. We were with a great group from New Zealand and America - we loved our interesting conversations with the other guests.

After learning how to stuff and twist the empanadas (while drinking delicious sparkling wine), we all sat outside in Teresita's garden while she served an amazing multi-course luncheon with wine pairings. It was the perfect setting, and the food was delicious. This was definitely one of our favorite activities in Buenos Aires.

As a suggestion, make sure you set up your transportation before you travel to Teresita's. Teresita sent us a very detailed email on how to travel to her house, and we made the mistake of not reading it until the night before our class. We used a taxi to travel to her house, which took forever but was not very expensive. We used the train on the way back, which was a fun adventure. As for the tour, our only suggestion would be to do more during the walking portion. We wished we could have tried some of the unique foods that Teresita was pointing out - we felt too rushed to buy anything yet we felt a bit awkward just standing in the stores. Maybe a sample of the food would be nice. Other than that, the tour was amazing and I would highly suggest it.

Visited February 2013
Thank B.G._Chicago
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
“excellent empanada class!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

A friend and I really enjoyed our empanada class with Teresita. It was just what I expected...authentic, homey, informative, fun, and delicious! Sitting in her beautiful backyard, enjoying wine and empanadas, and conversing with the other guests was a perfect way to spend an afternoon. Great getaway from the noisy city too!

Visited February 2013
Orinda, California
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great way to spend the day”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have gone to her program several times. She has 3 different ones and all are fun. This time I did her "Teresita's Culinary Tour". She is located in lovely town outside the city. We toured local shops such as a bakery, butcher and vegetable market. Then we came back to her house and made empanadas. After that (and yes we ate them) she had a wonderful four course meal with 5 different Argentine wines. She explained where they are from and how they will be tasted. The program is done in her home and we ate in her patio. The program was 4 - 5 hours. Her place is easily accessible by train from downtown. I highly recommend it!

Visited January 2013