Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Bois Cheri Tea Factory and Tea Museum
from $124.80
More Info
All reviews biscuits guided tour tea museum interesting visit vanilla tea beautiful setting interesting information short drive pancakes well worth the visit entrance fee next door colonial house scenic view process tasting plantation
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Very bad experience,met at reception counter by a very arrogant young man
Told price was 1050rs for 2 to have tour and tasting,paid then was left to see Museum (sic) on our own.Museum is nothing,few photos and machines in a dismally lit room.
Returned to reception for tour,then told 20min wait as too busy.I was left frustrated feeling ripped off and angry. Luckily our fantastic driver went to see the supervisor and by some miracle a guide was found for us and some other people waiting to go on a tour.Very noisy,very rushed and definitely not worth the price. Next was tasting,given a table they pot of hot water,only when our driver arrived were we shown service by the supervising lady who was very embarrassed we had not been even given a biscuit.
Had we not had a competent driver an already disappointing visit would have been even worst.
In summary
would I go there again,NO,
Would I recommend,No
Value for money,No
Customer service is non existent,Felt ripped off and very disappointed.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

If you’ve ever been on a tea plantation tour in Sri Lanka, India or China, give this one a miss. At 250 rupiah per head for the factory and museum tour, I certainly expected much more. They are amateurs clearly only in it for the money. 250 rupiahs isn’t outrageous, but it is when you consider what we got - we were rushed through the fermenting and drying stages in a garbled sentence to join with a very large group who had started the tour. We were given no choice to join a later tour although these were clearly happening. The tour group was so big, it was impossible to hear what the presenter was saying. 10 minutes later we were left to wander around the museum on our own. When I complained to the desk, they could not have been less interested and suggested I put my comments on TripAdvisor - so here they are.
If you have never been to a tea plantation before then I guess it’s interesting and especially if they make the tour groups small enough so that you can hear and ask questions. Otherwise , save your money for something more professionally run - and there are plenty of these to choose from in Mauritius.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

I was there yesterday with friends for visit and lunch. We missed out the factory tour as it happens only on Wednesdays but before noon. We skipped the museum. They charge 250MUR per pax. We paid 100MUR each for the tea tasting as we also booked lunch. Without lunch, it is 200MUR each.
Absolutely stunning tea plantations and gardens. Well maintained, very clean and serene. Really good for a day out in nature and for the tea and pancakes which are at extra cost.
We loved the food at the restaurant. The employees Brinda ever smiling and super welcoming even she was loaded with tasks. She would also check on availability of the food I ordered. Avinash the waiter super kind and very courteous.
Food is fresh and I loved the mini “pain maison” they serve as entrée. Just baked and still warm with tea chutney (a must try) and soft butter. The lake has some activities such as kayak, pedalo and fishing. The lake is full of tilapia and also occasional swans, ducks and other birds. Dont forget to feed the deers on the hill behind the restaurant. It is the hidden gems of Mauritius and is worth a visit at least once.

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Its quit nice to know how tea is done from start to finish , this tour gives you the chance to live through the eyes of workers from plantation until packaging...

For my British friends its highly recommended, you will definitely enjoy the tea tasting overlooking the pond!

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Bois cheri tea factory is a very interesting and enriching place to visit. As a tea lover it was a very nice opportunity to learn how tea is made in Mauritius because we get to see only the final product on the shelves of supermarket. So it was really fruitful.At the end of the guided tour we are offered to taste different flavors of tea.