“Fish 'n' Chips”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fish 'n' Chips”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Ate in the bar area twice in the last couple of months, although a bit quiet it was comfortable and the service was excellent. Best fish and chips ever, I am sure the rest of the menu wouldn't disappoint. Lovely local ales a real treat too.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ian B

England
“Pre Wedding Meal”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We organised a family meal in the 'Map' room at The Ship on the eve of our wedding - the evening really couldn't have gone any better - a lovely setting, great food, and staff that made us feel special.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Teeor
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Disappointed...”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Whilst I like this place, with the friendly staff, tasteful décor and usually good food, I can only give it a 3/5 due to the fact that Birds custard from a packet was poured all over my bread pudding dessert (according to the menu it was supposed to be crème anglais). I asked to see the chef but he refused to come out, instead sending the waiter to confirm that they 'ran out' of crème anglais and because they were too busy to make more (lol) used packet custard. I didn't appreciate a chef trying to con me, and the so-called 'celebrity chef' Chris Cawburgh wasn't interested in my email notifying him of the fact that his chef was charging £6.50 for packet custard. I'd recommend going to the Orange Tree in the next village along (Thornham), where this would never happen.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank james j
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
“Charming, tasty, unique”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A fantastic service with excellent food. A sterling job by the team and we enjoyed a very pleasant time in the map room.

• Visited April 2013
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Nice Sunday lunch”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A really decent place to visit for a relaxing Sunday lunch and a decent pint. Certainly not the cheapest place, but we had good quality food that was well presented. Impressed with the courteous, well-trained staff who appeared calm and relaxed the entire time we were there, even though they were actually worked off their feet! Hope it's as good the next time we visit.

• Visited April 2013