“Disappointed...”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Brancaster
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Whilst I like this place, with the friendly staff, tasteful décor and usually good food, I can only give it a 3/5 due to the fact that Birds custard from a packet was poured all over my bread pudding dessert (according to the menu it was supposed to be crème anglais). I asked to see the chef but he refused to come out, instead sending the waiter to confirm that they 'ran out' of crème anglais and because they were too busy to make more (lol) used packet custard. I didn't appreciate a chef trying to con me, and the so-called 'celebrity chef' Chris Cawburgh wasn't interested in my email notifying him of the fact that his chef was charging £6.50 for packet custard. I'd recommend going to the Orange Tree in the next village along (Thornham), where this would never happen.

1  Thank james j

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A fantastic service with excellent food. A sterling job by the team and we enjoyed a very pleasant time in the map room.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A really decent place to visit for a relaxing Sunday lunch and a decent pint. Certainly not the cheapest place, but we had good quality food that was well presented. Impressed with the courteous, well-trained staff who appeared calm and relaxed the entire time we were there, even though they were actually worked off their feet! Hope it's as good the next time we visit.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great food, wine and ale served by attentive but friendly staff and all in very pleasantly appointed surroundings. First class - what a find!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We've eaten at The Ship on several occasions when staying in Brancaster and have always found the food to be of the highest quality. We particularly enjoy the seafood which is varied and very tasty.

We'll definitely be back again on our next visit to dine again.