“Good sized rooms, very comfortable”
Review of Hotel Gallery

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seongnam
Hotel Gallery
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Seongnam
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Good sized rooms, very comfortable”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Nice stay at this Hotel. Big rooms, great shower, comfortable bed etc. Internet fast & free, kettle in room. Breakfast buffet was OK, staff friendly and English speaking. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at front for street view, stay at back for no view and quite.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jermtheworm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mumbai
Reviewed November 11, 2011

You must stay in this hotel if you travel to Seohyeon ..
1. Good Hotel, most of the times it is totally packed
2. Hotel Staff members make their best efforts to make you stay comfortable.
3. Pick and drop facility to the Incheon airport is available
4. Rooms are good, Internet facility available
5. Good news for travellers from India .. you got 3 good indian restaurants close by - Ganga, Thali and Agra Taj..Personnel recommendation - Agra Taj

regards

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the road side.. the rear side room windows open to another wall ..
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lordoftherings
Caloocan
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I booked this hotel because of its proximity to our company office. The hotel is already old as evident by the wooden furnitures inside the room. The incheon airport limousine bus has a direct stop on the Sehyeon station which is 2 blocks away from the hotel. Walking from the Bus stop to the hotel is mor ethan 5 minutes away especially if you have a baggage. Good thing that the hotel provide complimentary shuttle pickup and drop off from and to the bus station.

The room is very dim litted. Internet connection is Ok but I have seen faster connections in Korea so called "Motel" establishments. the shower room has dark colored walls and flooring so it is really felt eerie. Although, I enjoyed the high pressured shower.

Hotel service is very good. they go out of their way to provide you service. Since it is the start of Autumn in Korea, the room airconditioning is running as heater. Since I prefer cooler temperature, I asked the receptionist why the room airconditioning is not cooling. She explained that they are now using heater inside the rooms and she offered to bring an electric fan inside my room for cooling. Since I have no other options, I agreed. The staff are very helpful and accomodating. I was even allowed to check out late without extra charge on my last day. They even paid for my taxi fare going to the bus terminal since their free shuttle is not available.

American buffet breakfast is so-so and very limited choices. The restaurant is very classic with oil paintings displayed all around the place. Dining inside the hotel has a very limited choices mostly american steaks which are very expensive. There are a lot of fast foods around the areas which you can have a reasonably priced meals.

The AK Plaza which is around 5 to 10 minutes walk is a very expensive mall. Don't expect to buy bargain items in it.

If you are not very picky on the hotel rooms, then this hotel will do which is still expensive for US$130 per night (corporate rate).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank virstud
london
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Good hotel, large rooms, friendly very helpful staff.
Nice area with plenty of places to eat (both western and asian).
Free inroom internet connection.
Standard buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for room at front of hotel. Rooms at back of hotel just look out on concrete walls
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank labeller
Zurich
Reviewed July 29, 2011

It's a good hotel but only if you get a room towards the front. The back room windows are useless as there is a wall just a few meters across from them. What is very pleasant is that the rooms are large, if with old furniture (except for a large LCD TV) and clean. The bath room is typical Korean but has all that is needed.

The breakfast could be better but has gotten a lot better over the last years. The service is, for Korea typical, friendly and efficient.

There are more restaurants, coffee shops and bars within minutes walking distance then can be visited even if the stay is longer. There is even a German brewerie (Barbarassa) 200 meters away. The AK Plaza shopping center will please any lady and is really close by. There is even a Metro station that brings you directly to the city center.

The prices are OK if you consider the high prices usual in Seoul. The bus number 5400 will bring you directly, no stop in between, from Incheon airport to the AK Plaza.

Room Tip: Take a room to the front. It's not that loud but at least you see the sun.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank AndyPn
Perth
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I literally just got home today after a trip to Korea and after much indecision, I stayed at the Hotel Gallery, which is located in Bundang, Gyeonggi region of South Korea..
I payed 140,000won per night. I made my booking by phone. Every time I rang, I was able to speak to someone who also spoke English.
Literally metres from this hotel is also the SR Hotel. I didn't go in, but from the outside, it looks nice and is 120,000 per night.
I arrived in the morning, so they made efforts to get my room ready for me early, which I really appreciated after an overnight flight. Also, they have a courtesy bus, which they used to pick me up from the Airport bus stop, which is right near Seohyeon subway station, but of which are only a few minutes walk from the hotel. Also, free of charge, the hotel arranged a fancy taxi (they have normal and higher class taxis there) to take me from the hotel to the airport bus stop.
I went into Seoul every day and it usually took about 90 mins (inc changing lines). If you don't mind being that far from Seoul, its great. Lotte mart, various restaurants / street food, to be had, shopping centres also.

The Gallery Hotel was very much like the pictures I saw online at their website. It is very beautifully decorated with oriental type furnitures in the hotel and hallways, though the room was more of a mix of modern / wood style furniture.
The lighting, combined with the lovely decour made for a very nice atmosphere. The lighting may be a bit dim for some peoples taste, but you don't live in the hall ways.

There is a computer, with free internet in the lobby, but also, there are connections for the rooms. At least my room, on the top floor (9th floor) had a cable for my laptop (if I was to use it).
The hotel also has a bar area, a wine shop and a fitness centre. All of which I wasn't there for.
The rooms are the cleanest I stayed in and serviced daily. A lot of room also. Apart from the bathroom and double bed, there was the LCD tv, lamps, a couple chairs, a desk and fridge. Plenty fo room to move. There is also cable tv, though a few more English channels would have been nice (there were several, I just like to have more options as I relax before bed).

I noticed a variety of people staying at this hotel (western and Asian) and although there were a number of people there, I found it always quiet at night. I find this a very important thing to factor in.

While I fully recommend this hotel, if you are a tourist and want to spend most of your time sight seeing, eating and shopping, you'd probably prefer staying in Seoul. Otherwise, stay at the Hotel Gallery, I was very happy with it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank lellel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seongnam
Mate Hotel Bundang
#6 of 9 in Seongnam
Benikea Win Hotel
Benikea Win Hotel
#7 of 18 in Yongin

Been to Hotel Gallery? Share your experiences!