“Nice place to meet Seoul's seniors and young kids”
Review of Seoul Grand Park

Seoul Grand Park
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Gwacheon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Seoul's Grand Park is very huge, a 1.5 walk to the Seoul Zoo takes about 15 minutes.

The scenery is great - with tall trees, cool weather and the backdrop against the mountains I was there early in the morning, there were groups of Seoul's seniors up and about.

My expectations of zoos are on the high side as I am most familiar with the Singapore Zoo. Seoul's Zoo strikes me as vast. There are many animals to see, but it takes some time to walk to see them. A lot of food and beverage outlets were not open when I was there on a Monday morning.

It is also challenging for non Korean speakers to learn more about the animals, as most of the signboards have these information only in Korean - a little English will be certainly helpful!

I think the park is not a must-go, but will be good if you want to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city.

I was here in October 2013 and the weather was slowly turning to autumn. For the full works of an Autumn about in Seoul, head there in November.

There are newer reviews for Seoul Grand Park

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I visited this place in october 2013 , the weather was really good for traveling around this place. All animals seem to be still fall asleep as we came (around 10am). This place is not smelly and well kept, and the track from one place to another is easy, they even provide free shuttle bus every 15mins.
We watched Dolphin show for free, and somehow it's interesting .

Don't miss the Kangaroo feeding experience where we can try to feed them, and also the Bird paradise (awesome!!).
To visit , use subway Line 4, Seoul Grand Park Station Exit #2 .
Admission is 3000Won, and Skylift is 9000Won from entrance to Zoo (nearby lion and tiger exhibition).
I recommend to use the skylift since the view of the zoo from upside is nice.

2  Thank mbulss
Reviewed September 25, 2013

You can finish the zoo by walking. No tigers during my visit and the aquarium was closed. Lovely Giraffes though!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a really nice zoo that is clean and beautifully laid out. It is also inexpensive. Be prepared to walk a lot but there are so many creatures to see. Our favourite was the nursery where we saw a baby orangutan, chimpanzee, Meer cat and 3 baby tigers.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visited Seoul Grand Park zoo and had a perfect experience. The zoo is very clean and organized. The animal exhibits are organized by geographical region (African Animals, etc.). There were trams, trains and buses to make the park accessible for all. The fees were very minimal, for a family of 5 we spent less than 40,000 Won on the entire day- food and all.