“Seoul Zoo” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Gwacheon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Seoul Zoo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just went there today with my 2 children aged 10 and 8. It's a pretty interesting park with an amusement park in one section, the zoo in another. Had already read the comments on the zoo and no one mentioned that entrance into the zoo required cash or a korean card. I wanted to buy a package that included the sky lift (which was awesome!) and tram and zoo entrance with my canadian credit card and they said that the zoo entrance fee could not be paid by my credit card. The tram and skylift were separate and went through ok. There was one ATM machine but it does not work with north american cards.
Zoo was ok. Yes the enclosures seemed small compared to our zoos. I can't comment on the animals. We have a world renowned zoo at home and they were all doing the same thing...sleeping.
We enjoyed our trip and would come back and join all the active seniors just to do the hike up the mountain!
Unlike many public places in north america, the washrooms are super clean as are all the subways!

Visited March 2013

• Thai first
Seoul, South Korea
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Too old, but foreigners get a discount ticket for 10,000won”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

definitely don't go here in the winter. even going in march is not a smart move. i nearly lost my face when going on the rollercoasters, not from screaming but rather the ghastly icy wind gushing at my face. should seriously rethink going to any amusement attractions during winter!

Visited March 2012
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
307 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“The beautiful maple leaves”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I went to see the maple leaves at seoul park together with my kids,my sister and nephew.Wow....the leaves all in red colour are so beautiful.I really love it very much.We took cable car with red roof-top up to the middle of the hill and you can see a lot of animals along the cable car goes up.Here we change the blue colour roof-top cable car up to the top of the hill.Here you can see a lot of maple trees with red leaves.There are few tourist so we can enjoyed the amazing scene without any disturbed.We went to the amusement park called "Seoul Land" too.Kids really love it because they can play many times as they want since there are just few people comes on Monday.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank hweeying
Shenzhen, China
“Seoul Land”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I went to Seoul Land with my family. I think there's the amusement park part and the zoo part. We went to the zoo part. Actually we were planning to go to the amusement park but we went there by accident. Anyways, it didn't cost that much. There were many animals. It wasn't bad... I guess we had a good time.But I think I would go to the amusement park next time if I have a chance.

Visited January 2012
Tigard, Oregon
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“just ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

we took our 5 nieces and nephews here on Oct. 28 and the place was OK, I guess. As an American that has visited Disney Resort and Six Flags, this place is of much lower quality. The rides are very dated for an amusement park. There is one roller coaster that is Six Flags Quality and the rest of the place seems to be stuck in the 70's. For western visitors, I would say this would be a giant letdown. The food available is OK, but unless you have lived in Korea for a bit(i did for two years) and developed a taste for the local food, you may have trouble finding anything other than fried chicken. My advice for Westerners, take the kids to a temple or historic site where they can learn something about another culture. If you live in Korea, sorry this is what you have to put up with for an amusement park.

Visited October 2012