I stayed here for two nights in a studio chalet at a great rate and found the room to be smallish and very clean, though not really all that swanky. The bathroom was small and some fittings were cheap, but on the whole it was fine. Good for the low rate in any case.
The deal also included a free breakfast for one, which was promoted in a confusing way (ie> 1 free breakfast for 1 night, 2 free breakfast for 2 nights ... why not just say "1 free breakfast for each day you stay"?) This led me to believe there would be two free breakfasts on the second day rather than 1.
They value their breakfast at $27 each, but had a special rate of $18 and thought this was value for money. It isn't. I've eaten just as well at hostels with hot breakfasts included in the price of $55 for room and breakfast. We ate one breakfast there on the first day due to convenience and the need to sort breakfast out quickly, but the next day we went into Launceston and purchased 2 breakfasts of similar quality (meaning, not flash) for 14.50, thus making a saving.
We also overheard another customer complaining about spending $60 on breakfast and then not wanting to eat much. Yep.
We were going to stay longer to look at the chocolate shop and purchase some sweets, but the breakfast deal problem put us off spending any further money there.
On the whole i would go back there for a similar good rate, but I would not be interested in eating there. I think they must have been under the impression that they were serving a gourmet breakfast of unusual richness or something. They didn't even cook eggs to spec!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aspect Tamar Valley Resort provides great accommodation, activities, shopping, lakeside dining, golfing and Freshview Day Spa. The resort boasts World Class facilities in arguably Tasmania's most exclusive and exotic suburb.The resort is set on over 150 magnificent acres amid numerous spectacular lakes with breathtaking views and fosters an engaging timeless ambience rarely found.Aspect Tamar Valley Resort is perfectly located about 15 minutes drive north of Launceston and is a true Jewel in the crown of this breathtaking region.Aspect Tamar Valley Resort is ideally positioned to use as a base whilst exploringall that Northern Tasmania has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Aspect Tamar Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aspect Tamar Valley Hotel Grindelwald
- Tamar Valley Hotel
- Quality Inn Launceston
- Aspect Tamar Valley Resort Grindelwald, Tasmania, Australia