We stayed in a golfside villa for two nights recently. We had booked by phone and left credit card details as a security or bond over the booking. We discovered the next day and a fortnight before arriving that our credit card had been debited the FULL cost of our stay. In other words we have your money whether you turn up or not or are not satisfied. We had a 6 year old grandson with us. The "villa" had a queen and double. The double was just inside the entry door and just above the bed is an old fashioned "in the wall" air conditioning unit. The two nights were cold and the airconditioner had to be used. The noise from it can only be described as an ungodly racket. It could not be left on for any length of time because of the noise. There was no table or chairs and the grandson had to eat either sitting on a bed or a small sofa. The villa is only suitable for 2 adults but it is sold as sleeping four. My wife found the hairdryer supplied had exposed electrical wiring. I returned it to reception and either the same one or another with exposed wiring was brought back to the villa later while we were out. On the Saturday night we had to suffer extremely loud heavy bass beat music until midnight. It was coming from the nearby function room. It could be heard clearly in the unit above the racket from the A/C and a TV set. Our grandson could not get to sleep. A complaint by phone to a person who claimed he was only a maintenance worker filling in as "night manager" was met with the response "I will make a note about it". Thankfully it ceased at midnight but after 1.00am we were all awoken by people obviously under the weather yelling and laughing at the top of their voices. They had obviously come from the party in the resort function room nearby. We spent a sizeable amount on accommodation, meals, and other items at the resort and to say we were dissatisified is an under statement. On checking out I went to reception to complain. The response was most unsympathetic and no apology was offered. I was told "your grandson was probably having trouble sleeping because of a different bed","we could not survive without functions and parties", "we have a hotel licence". In other words she was telling me that they could make as much noise as they liked BUT house guests were expected to conform to written House Rules that stated clearly that excessive NOISE from guests could result in summary eviction! We have travelled extensively and were appalled at the treatment and attitude. A lengthy formal letter of complaint to the GM a Mr Parkinson has been met with complete disdain and contempt. No response either in writing, by phone, or email. It is apparent that paying guests, in our experience, come a miserable last to the profits made from functions, parties, and weddings. The arbitrary use of our credit card breaches the new Aust Consumer & Competition Act. Needless to say we will never stay again nor will we recommend. The original owner and builder of the resort and the beautiful swiss village a Mr Roelf Vos, an absolutely kind christian man would be most disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aspect Tamar Valley Resort provides great accommodation, activities, shopping, lakeside dining, golfing and Freshview Day Spa. The resort boasts World Class facilities in arguably Tasmania's most exclusive and exotic suburb.The resort is set on over 150 magnificent acres amid numerous spectacular lakes with breathtaking views and fosters an engaging timeless ambience rarely found.Aspect Tamar Valley Resort is perfectly located about 15 minutes drive north of Launceston and is a true Jewel in the crown of this breathtaking region.Aspect Tamar Valley Resort is ideally positioned to use as a base whilst exploringall that Northern Tasmania has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aspect Tamar Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aspect Tamar Valley Hotel Grindelwald
- Tamar Valley Hotel
- Quality Inn Launceston
- Aspect Tamar Valley Resort Grindelwald, Tasmania, Australia