We were expecting a 2 bedroom villa but when we arrived, it was actually one separate bedroom and one bed in the common area by the front door.
The linen was clean and the beds comfortable. We would have had a peaceful sleep were it not for the wall heater making loud annoying noises during the night. In the end, we turned it off and relied on the electric blankets for heating. Extra pillows and doonas were provided.
The separate bedroom was spacious with a queen size bed with electric blanket and a single wardrobe with a small TV on top which was only tuned to pay TV. Towels were provided for use in the pool area. There was an in-room safe.
Practically no lounge area. There was a big sofa across from the kitchen counter. The TV with free to air channels was located on top of the tall wardrobe beside the double bed, I had to strain my neck to watch it so I didn't bother. Had an early night since I was tired anyway.
If you self-cater, aside from eating on the kitchen counter top, there is no space for a dining table and chairs inside the room. There was a balcony outside the kitchen with a small table and some chairs. Our balcony faced the front doors of other villas so there was no privacy. Furthermore, it was not undercover so you were at the mercy of the elements. A $35 additional cleaning charge applies if all kitchen equipment is not fully washed, dried and put away on check-out.
Bathroom - There was heating in the bathroom. The shower cubicle was very small. The rack for shampoo and soap got soaking wet when showering.
Overall, our villa was clean and well-maintained except for the carpet floor. You wouldn't know it was dirty from the colour of the carpet, but when we dropped something and used a tissue to pick it up, the tissue was black. The carpet needed a good shampoo.
We had our own car park space right in front of our villa.
Beautiful and relaxing surroundings. Lovely short walk up the hill for 360 degree views of the property.
There was a lake where you could feed the ducks but the ground was strewn with lots of duck droppings which was a turnoff for me. Also a small Swiss village with some shops. The bakeshop was closed for a few days when we visited so can't comment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aspect Tamar Valley Resort provides great accommodation, activities, shopping, lakeside dining, golfing and Freshview Day Spa. The resort boasts World Class facilities in arguably Tasmania's most exclusive and exotic suburb.The resort is set on over 150 magnificent acres amid numerous spectacular lakes with breathtaking views and fosters an engaging timeless ambience rarely found.Aspect Tamar Valley Resort is perfectly located about 15 minutes drive north of Launceston and is a true Jewel in the crown of this breathtaking region.Aspect Tamar Valley Resort is ideally positioned to use as a base whilst exploringall that Northern Tasmania has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aspect Tamar Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aspect Tamar Valley Hotel Grindelwald
- Tamar Valley Hotel
- Quality Inn Launceston
- Aspect Tamar Valley Resort Grindelwald, Tasmania, Australia