“Hotel in a peaceful setting”

Aspect Tamar Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grindelwald
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were expecting a 2 bedroom villa but when we arrived, it was actually one separate bedroom and one bed in the common area by the front door.
The linen was clean and the beds comfortable. We would have had a peaceful sleep were it not for the wall heater making loud annoying noises during the night. In the end, we turned it off and relied on the electric blankets for heating. Extra pillows and doonas were provided.
The separate bedroom was spacious with a queen size bed with electric blanket and a single wardrobe with a small TV on top which was only tuned to pay TV. Towels were provided for use in the pool area. There was an in-room safe.
Practically no lounge area. There was a big sofa across from the kitchen counter. The TV with free to air channels was located on top of the tall wardrobe beside the double bed, I had to strain my neck to watch it so I didn't bother. Had an early night since I was tired anyway.
If you self-cater, aside from eating on the kitchen counter top, there is no space for a dining table and chairs inside the room. There was a balcony outside the kitchen with a small table and some chairs. Our balcony faced the front doors of other villas so there was no privacy. Furthermore, it was not undercover so you were at the mercy of the elements. A $35 additional cleaning charge applies if all kitchen equipment is not fully washed, dried and put away on check-out.
Bathroom - There was heating in the bathroom. The shower cubicle was very small. The rack for shampoo and soap got soaking wet when showering.
Overall, our villa was clean and well-maintained except for the carpet floor. You wouldn't know it was dirty from the colour of the carpet, but when we dropped something and used a tissue to pick it up, the tissue was black. The carpet needed a good shampoo.
We had our own car park space right in front of our villa.
Beautiful and relaxing surroundings. Lovely short walk up the hill for 360 degree views of the property.
There was a lake where you could feed the ducks but the ground was strewn with lots of duck droppings which was a turnoff for me. Also a small Swiss village with some shops. The bakeshop was closed for a few days when we visited so can't comment.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were sucked in by a recommendation through Travel Zoo, we actually thought it was a resort it is a series of cabins next to a golf course.It was a long way out of town and the road in was littered with roadkill,hence the first impression was yuk!The kitchen was a fridge microwave and sink, a notice advises that if you don't clean the kitchen you will be charged $35. The so called Swiss Village consists of a couple of little shops and the restaurant is very average.If you are a keen golfer its OK otherwise stay in town, without a car you are isolated.The bathroom is tiny, shower toilet and a very small basin hardly enough room to clean your teeth. More suited to a young family but I still feel you could do better.No complaints about the staff they were lovely!

Room Tip: Facing the lake as long as you like feeding the ducks, they were the best thing about this park!
1  Thank katemeriott
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed at this report as part of a TV special during our holiday in Tasmania. We had a cabin overlooking the "lake". I found the cabin lacking in some areas - a self contained kitchenette but nowhere to actually sit and have a meal. Cabin had a very noisy air conditioner to the point where you couldn't leave it on while sleeping as it would keep you awake - it get's cold there in winter! Having said that, the staff were friendly and helpful and even if the numbers were low for breakfast and the buffet wasn't available, they would cook whatever you wanted from the menu. Don't expect all the shops on site to be open during winter months - it seems a lot of Tasmania closes down for winter.

2  Thank SydneyBruno
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just ten minutes outside of Launceston, sitting very high above everything, Tamar Valley resort can be found. It looks like a Swiss village with cute shops (check out Vonda Anne's), chalets, and a lovely lake. Being autumn, the leaves are changing, so it's gorgeous everywhere. We had a cabin on the lake. The ducks and rabbits and birds all came visiting to our balcony. The cabin had a king size bed and was well set up with a kitchenette and a spa. The room was quite comfortable, but the ac/heat was very noisy. (there was an electric heater in the cupboard, but I forgot to pull it out.) The cabin was clean, modern (recently refurbished?) and had everything we needed. There was a sofa, which just fitted in, leaving little space to move comfortably. It all worked, but was a little crowded.

The resort has a nice big pool, exercise room, spa and sauna, however, we were as far away from these facilities as we could be, so we didn't use them.

We did dine at the resort for a couple of breakfasts, one lunch and a couple of dinners. Meals were generous but basic and reasonably priced. It is, however, nice to have all the facilities available as shops are quite far and there are not many restaurant choices nearby either.

Staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The cabins on the lake have great views and are very private.
1  Thank Leslye T
Reviewed May 27, 2013

There are not enough stars for me to rate how well I enjoyed this accomodation.

We booked the Winter chalet room, and it was fantastic. The room was in a single cottage beside a little lake, with beautiful geese and ducks. The grounds were impecible. The room itself was very stylish, with a great washroom, a televsion (with free Foxtel), all the dishes and cutlery you could desire, a fridge, microwave and sink. The room also had a heater and air conditioner, but being winter we did not require it.

We ate supper at the on-site chalet, and had drinks at the pub. The meal was great, and the prices were really low, considering what we received.

The hotel also had a bakery, games room, and souviner shop on-site. They also had a spa, that I regret I did not have time to visit. I am sure I am forgetting something, as there was just so much they had to offer.

There was also a large swimming pool, steam room, and hot tub on site, which we enjoyed all to ourselves.

I can't imagine better accomodation, especially for the price. I would highly, highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I booked a cabin for 2 nights. On the first day we got there, My 6 yr old daughter cut her finger off in the cabin door, i ran to get a first aid kit and was handed a couple bandaids. We got to the hospital where me and my daughter stayed the night, after her opperation i went back to collect our bags, and pay the bill. I told them what had happened,without any sympathy and upon my request and they ever so generously let me off $30. I Will not be going back!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank nsilva83
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

There is much better ideation around than this the outside looks nice but the inside is old dated and worn, when I booked I asked for the best rooms available to accommodate 6 ladies at the time the hotel was pretty empty so I basically had the best choice, if the premier is the best then I would hate to see standard, do not stay here not worth it, $800 for two nights I told them we did not want bunks due to outages ranging from 46-53 but that's what we got
They throw you in and that's that

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Varikia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grindelwald
Peppers Seaport Hotel
Peppers York Cove
#1 of 4 in George Town
3 mi away
Launceston Holiday Park Legana

Been to Aspect Tamar Valley Resort? Share your experiences!