Comfortably far from the main highway and set high on a hill to the East of the Tamar Valley the resort park now sits amongst tracts of middle class housing. That sounds like a damning start but the setting is such that it easily accommodates mixed use of the land. The park itself is a mix of accommodation - chalets and bungalows surround a main hotel building. To the south lie a golf course and small lakes where chalets nestle along the lake side. Great thing is - it's not a shared use site with caravans and motor homes so the whole place has a neat and tidy appearance so often missing in so-called 'resorts'.
We stayed in a wooden bungalow - small verandah, spacious living room, two bedrooms, full kitchen area off the living room and a good full bathroom too. Nicely designed but showing signs of wear and tear. The staff are smiling and helpful and housekeeping of the essentials was very good in the main. However detail didn't stretch far into the area of dusting and polishing of edges and ledges. The bungalow was not air-conditioned and we had to make full use of the supplied fan to cool it after a day closed up in this autumn's warmer-than-average spell. Incidentally, we got all of this in March 2013 for just $A109 a night so it's something of a bargain buy.
You don't have to use the on-site restaurants and bars - if you are self catering there is a large well-stocked Woolworth supermarket a couple or three kilometres away.
On a clear night it's worth the walk to a small rotunda atop a hill in the grounds. The night sky is wonderful and relatively unspoilt by light pollution. As a base for touring the north east of Tasmania and avoiding Launceston's traffic you'll not find better at the the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aspect Tamar Valley Resort provides great accommodation, activities, shopping, lakeside dining, golfing and Freshview Day Spa. The resort boasts World Class facilities in arguably Tasmania's most exclusive and exotic suburb.The resort is set on over 150 magnificent acres amid numerous spectacular lakes with breathtaking views and fosters an engaging timeless ambience rarely found.Aspect Tamar Valley Resort is perfectly located about 15 minutes drive north of Launceston and is a true Jewel in the crown of this breathtaking region.Aspect Tamar Valley Resort is ideally positioned to use as a base whilst exploringall that Northern Tasmania has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Aspect Tamar Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aspect Tamar Valley Hotel Grindelwald
- Tamar Valley Hotel
- Quality Inn Launceston
- Aspect Tamar Valley Resort Grindelwald, Tasmania, Australia