“Family friendly nice and quite.”

Aspect Tamar Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grindelwald
“Family friendly nice and quite.”
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Great quiete place to stay, very helpful to my 8 month pregnant partner and 14 month old. We stayed in a two bedroom chalet, was nice and roomy. Can't say much for the cleanliness. The bath had little black hairs all around and was like it hadn't been cleaned, we had to clean it before we bathed our baby. The room did have everything we needed and if it didn't they were happy to bring it up to us. Would be better if it was a little closer than 20km from launceston

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed in the main part of the holiday resort and my room was clean comfortable and palatial, very well geared for disables people with rails and chair in the well set out bathroom. The staff were friendly and helpful and our buffet dinner in the bistro beautifully cooked with a good selection of food and plenty of it. The resort has some interesting little shops and cafes to browse around. the lakes are beautiful and we walked off our dinner by wandering around them and then climbing the lookout also in the grounds. The view from the top over the resort and town is well worth the climb. It had a pool and gym but as I didn't use them I can't review

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mandurah
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I purchased an Ouffer deal. A 3 night stay in a lakeside spa villa. Supposed to cost $1,721 but I bought the deal for $429.

Working out at $570 per night I thought I was going to get a fabulous villa, but I got an outdated cabin. I must admit the location was perfect, beautiful grounds but I was very disappointed in the cabin. The spa in the bathroom took over the bathroom. There was a little handbasin and when you cleaned your teeth, you spat on the spout. There was no vanity to put your toiletries. Us ladies usually have lots of stuff. I had to put all my toiletries and make up on the floor. There was a little tiny cabinet below the basin but was taken up by the waste pipe, toilet rolls and a hair dryer. The coffee table was all stained and varnish taken off. All the fittings were out dated. Blanket on the bed, not a doona. Had vinyl tiles in the bathroom and kitchen. The carpet was all dirty and stained. The air conditioner when turned on sounded like a washing machine (a loud one at that!) That was so annoying. On a brighter note, staff were lovely and the restaurant was great, beautiful meals with a $20 voucher each day. There is lots fo wild life, rabbits and ducks running around, so kids would like that. They had other facilites there, golfing and paddle boats, but being a visitor to Tasmania, didn't have time to do that. It was an ok stay, but wouldn't stay there again, and I think the advertisement of the normal cost of $1,721 for 3 days was false advertising in my opinion.. I would defini;ely not pay $570 per night even if I got to use the facilities and had a bottle of wine and chocolates thrown in.

Room Tip: Unless I got a lake side cabin, I would not stay there. That was the bonus
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandy Bay
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We booked 2 Lakeview Villas after a very helpful discussion via phone. After reading some of the comments posted we arrived with trepidation but were greeted with a pleasant suprise. The location was wonderfully quiet.
The beds were comfortable.
The cabin was spotlessly clean.
The customer service was exceptional.

Thank you to all staff who made our stay so memorable and we look forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: The Lakeview Villas are stand alone cabins with self catering facilities.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We love Grindelwald, so much that we bought a holiday home there!
It is one of our favorite places in the world..and we have travelled alot..all over europe!
When i was younger our family stayed at the resort a couple of times and its soo cozy and has all the things you need.
Its a beautiful vibe and environment. I recommend anyone who loves a little bit of europe would love Grindelwald. Its a very special place to me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very disappointed the accommodation on the website did not look at all like the accommodation we stayed in. We booked a WATER FRONT KING SPA VILLA they were more like a cabin in a caravan park, stuck right up the back with a bit of water behind us. Could not shower as the water was either boiling hot(dangerously hot) or freezing cold when reported to reception we were told to turn on the tap in the kitchenette and a maintenance person would be sent down, well no maintenance person arrived so no shower for 2 days.The movie channels did not work as advertised. This was a huge disappointment as we had never been to Tasmania before and was a surprise trip for my husbands 40th. I would not recommend the resort to anyone we left Tasmania with a bitter taste in our mouth.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Grindelwald hotels

Bundaberg, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Launceston. About 20klms from the CBD but definatley worth the drive. I have stayed here 3 times. Its a great place for the family because its not your typical Motel. Plenty of room to move. Stay in the little cabins, they have a little kitchenette and plenty of room. Kids will love the animal life. Look out for their Wednesday specials.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grindelwald
Country Club Tasmania
#20 of 30 in Launceston
Peppers York Cove
Peppers York Cove
#1 of 4 in George Town

Been to Aspect Tamar Valley Resort? Share your experiences!