We stayed here as part of a larger group, and although the location (beautiful) and ammenities (plentiful) were outstanding, the staff and their attitude left a lot to be desired.
We were "received" at check-in (you couldn't call it "welcomed") and sent to our room. The vague directions to the lift didn't help, and it took us some time to locate our room.
The complimentary bottle of wine was waiting in our room, but was white not red, as requested.
Our group had arranged golf and spa treatments, but were not offered any incentive for doing so. "We'd be booked out anyway" was the response. Nevertheless, while we enjoyed the spa treatments (of all the staff, the therapists were the most gracious and proficient), the golf "pro" who manned the shop and was responsible for seeing golfers to the course was both rude and dismissive.
Our biggest gripe was with Bella restaurant. My advice would be don't bother, and unless you have breakfast included in your tariff, $30+ for the buffet is exorbitant.
We had a room booked for all of us for dinner on the Saturday night, and it was like a scene from Fawlty Towers. We were there to enjoy a relaxing meal, but from start to finish took four hours, and the interaction between staff was embarrassing. My meal alone cost more than $70 for three courses, no drinks. Some courses came out late, others were luke-warm and I watched one staff member take 20 minutes to slice four pieces of bread.
I was in the checkout queue for more than quarter of an hour on our last morning, and when I reached the desk, there were at least 20 people behind me.
That said, I have since contacted management and received an apology, but this property has a lot of staff training to do before it even scrapes the surface of service excellence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned at the gateway to the Yarra Valley, Yarra Valley Lodge is a world class resort offering guests total luxury, surrounded by two championship golf courses. Take advantage of the hotels location on the doorstep to over 100 wineries. Exuding the warmth and timeless appeal of a private lodge, 102 spacious and superbly appointed guest rooms and conference rooms await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Yarra Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley Hotel Chirnside Park
- Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley Melbourne
- Yarra Valley Lodge Australia/Chirnside Park, Victoria