“Should not be a four star rating!”
Review of Yarra Valley Lodge

Yarra Valley Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chirnside Park
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Firstly I found the booking system very unprofessional. I had to call 3 times to ensure that I had a room. I was finally contacted & told there was a King Suite available to accommodate 2 adults & 3 children. She told me she would send through a confirmation email to confirm the booking. Waited until the morning of checkin & still hadn't received it. I then had to call the Lodge again that morning to ensure we did in fact have a booking. I have stayed in many hotels over the years & have never had to call numerous times. Booking confirmation should be confirmed automatically. This was only the beginning. When arriving I was pleased with the beautiful golf course & gardens the lodge is surrounded by. Upon entering the suite it presented clean & tidy other than the roll out bed looking like a hospital bed. I was very disgusted with the mould in the shower. Clearly visible & dirty. No one in my family wanted to step foot in that shower. Very disappointed. Buffet breakfast is average with tables left dirty & scrambled eggs drowning in oil. I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Bdaan
GMYVL, General Manager at Yarra Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to the Yarra Valley.

Please accept my sincere apologies that the service that you received leading up to your stay was not up to our usual standard; I will personally review our booking confirmation process to ensure that any shortcomings are addressed.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback of your stay and look forward to sharing this with my team. We hope to see you again on your next getaway!

Regards

Anthony LoGiusto

There are newer reviews for Yarra Valley Lodge

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed for one night over Easter and had a great time here! Perfect place to stay if you were visiting the Yarra Valley for a few days.
Staff were very friendly and professional, rooms were very clean and tidy, breakfast was delicious and plentiful (it was $30 pp for the buffet which is quite expensive I think, would only have this one morning if we stayed longer).
Would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Krisstylee
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had just one night for a quick get away over Easter, it was a last minute booking.
The room was neat, tidy, clean and very spacious, with a nice view over the golf course.
Breakfast was well catered for with a big variety. We had a very pleasant and relaxing night away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jemgri
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a girls weekend over Easter and couldn't be more thrilled with where we chose to go! The bed were comfy, we got upgraded to a golf view room which added to our wildlife interaction for the weekend. The gy was well equipped and the staff were just fabulous, friendly and couldn't do enough to make our weekend memorable. Nothing was too much trouble at all! We were a bit pesky too asking for extra robes, shampoo, towels and a late checkout and they just smiled and accommodated us - I will definitely be back! Perfect for a romantic golfing getaway!

Room Tip: We just had a deluxe room and the bath was lovely, so a spa suite would be exceptional I'd imag...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CENMJade
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend getaway. Very relaxing atmosphere ! Great size rooms ! Planning to book rooms next room for our daughters wedding. We have guest from Ireland visiting, looking forward to showing them the kangaroos, cockatoos and beautiful landscape.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower ground, have opening door allowing loads of space and great scenery.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashlintania
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I would like to thank Tonny for exceptional service when I was at Yarra Valley Lodge on a recent Nissan Australia event. His service was polite and his manner was very welcoming.

John Black
Driving Management Australia

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jrb914
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Close enough to suburbia to have everything at your doorstep but located in beautiful surroundings.
Friendly staff.only downside wa the carpark which is home to far too many birds and my car was covered in bird droppings even though the carpark is all under ground.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
GMYVL, General Manager at Yarra Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

One of the challenges of being in a rural location is "integrating" with the local wildlife; we are in the process of installing netting on the roof of our car park which will deter the birds by not allowing them to nest.

We hope to see you again on your next getaway!

Regards

Yarra Valley Motel
#1 of 2 in Lilydale
Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa
Yering Gorge Cottages

Been to Yarra Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!