“Birthday Celebration”
Review of Safran

Safran
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Contemporary Turkish Mezes in Ettalong Beach.
Reviewed February 24, 2018

My family took me here for my 60th birthday, I had been once before for lunch but none of the others had tried it, so it was a new experience for them.
It's a different and enjoyable way to eat dinner, kind of like tapas but it's Turkish so it's mezze plates with all different flavours so everyone's taste is catered for ( we had one vegetarian) we had a banquet for $50 a head and all of it was lovely, give it a go.

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

I can never fault a thing, beautiful food great service not much more I can say. This is a place you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed February 3, 2018

You expect a lot when you go to a restaurant that is ranked no.1 on Tripadvisor for an area and it's hard to always live up to but with Safran it definitely does. Safran is a perfect example of how to take a traditional cuisine and run with it in to the 21st century.

We ordered the Warm hummus, Freekeh salad, Zucchini flowers, and Slow braised lamb shoulder for our starter/mains. I always thinks that with Persian/Mediterranean dishes that there should only be one meat dish and the rest vegetarian and our food was just the perfect balance with all of the amazingly spiced and fragrant flavours that you would want from Turkish food. It really was amazing.

For dessert we had the Kakule creme brulee and the Dondurma icecream. The creme brulee was lovely but the dondurma was pretty average as it was made to sound special but it was just normal icecream.

I wish the restaurants in my area of Sydney (Rozelle and Balmain) woke up and realised what modern cooking is. Efendy and Kazbar should pay a visit to Safran.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

These guys make Turkish food sexy, fun & stylish. We keep on returning because it's just amazing. The beef borek is beautiful & the lamb shoulder feeds a few people. It's usually best to order a bunch of different mains so everyone can try a bit of everything. There's also prawns wrapped in stringy crunchy pastry & drizzled with delectable orange syrup. These are a MUST. It's just lovely. Indoor & outdoor seating & the staff are always delightful.

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Tasty food, excellent service. We had the banquet. It’s great value. Quick service and lovely waitstaff.