Mantra Ettalong Beach
$87
NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort(Umina Beach)(Great Value!)
$120
Brooklyn Motel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
$89
$82
2,599 results
All reviewshinterland viewdiggers clubspa bathcentral coastacross the roadmantra ettalonglarge balconyshort breakone bedroom apartmentgreat weekendking bedgreat spotwoy woyrslkitchenettecafesiga
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I remember in the 1990's I had the chance to buy an apartment at the Mantra at Ettalong from the floor plan but thats another story. I was pleased when Wifey decided to book us in there and she saw a great deal on WOTIF but there were none left so she rang direct and got the same deal for us. We arrived and were booked into a room on the 2nd floor. The room was pretty good with a couple of exceptions. The cheap deal meant we did not have a sea view and as we were on the second floor facing back over Ettalong we just had a sort of view of the area but the massive air conditioning building stopped the rest of the view. No problem though as we asked the staff for a room change and they were very accommodating and moved us after 2 nights, as they were pretty well booked out for the weekend and it was school holidays, to the 5th floor which was much better. The rooms are well equipped with everything you could need to be self sufficient. Plenty of wardrobe room, huge bed, great spa bath, washing machine and dryer, cutlery, cooking utensils, you name it they had it. The pool area looked fantastic, the gym looked the part and I believe they had the facials, massage and things if you wanted them. As I said I had the chance to buy into the place in the 90's and to my surprise I pretty sure they still have the same TV's. Seriously, I did not think that there were any of the old fashioned TV's since flat screens were invented and that made it very hard to watch a 40cm screen when you're used to a 109cm screen, but we made do. Plus the internet was still from the 90's with plug in cable with a $40.00 for 3 days cost.... Um, I'm in my 50's and even I have heard of WiFi, hotspots and mobile phone tethering.... Plus the in house movies were priced from $18.99!! Yes and they were recent releases not new ones and not those other sort of movies I used to watch when I was 30 years younger and a single man.... Seriously... T-Box?? Foxtel?? Does not ring a bell?? Other than those 3 issues, the view over Ettalong was great, the room as I said had everything you needed, the staff were fantastic, they even sent up a bottle opener when I rang for my nice bottle of red and went out of their way to assist and make our stay very enjoyable. I would definately stay there again and a sea view room may be on the cards if the price was not double the rear view rooms. Had breakfast at 2 local places, Cats Pyjamas and Soul Cake which were both very good with Soul Cake slightly more expensive. Walked to Umina along the seafront and had breakfast there at a bookshop come breakfast place... Don't bother, asked for fresh orange juice and got 2 bottles of OJ that were warm then asked for ice but they did not do ice.... Seriously??? Who does not do ice in a food place?? Fresh seafood from the Woy Woy fish markets is a must!!!

Room Tip: If you get a room facing "The Hinterland" then make sure you are above the second floor. The rooms are all the same and very good but the view is better the higher you go.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
FOM2257, Manager at Mantra Ettalong Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear LeeRayleigh_Essex,

Thank you for your recent review of Mantra Ettalong Beach.

We always appreciate receiving constructive comments which help us to maintain and improve our standards as well as meet and exceed guest expectations.

Here at Mantra we pride ourselves on our courteous and friendly service and it was lovely to hear our staff were able to assist you.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in a 1 br. Spa suite belonging to La Krisp which manages privately owned rooms in Mantra. It was a 4* room, but judging from other reviews, the standard of rooms can vary significantly. In our case, we had a package deal which included 2 breakfasts, 4 cinema tickets and a dinner voucher. We thought the deal was exceptional value and our room was beautiful. I would recommend this offer to others provided they are offered a 4* room and that they have a choice of dates to their liking. I believe this problem has now been addressed with group buying offers. If others are fortunate enough to replicate the experience we had, then they should have an enjoyable and memorable stay

Dear Ingrid153,

Your comments have been reviewed.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Mantra. The staff were very helpful and friendly and made our stay all the more enjoyable. I strongly recommend the terrace apartments with the ocean views and brilliant facilities. While we stayed there, we hired a 16 foot half cabin boat and did some cruising around Brisbane water. A really great time away from stresses, but really quick to get to.

Room Tip: Pay the bit more for the ocean/ water/ pool views; the money is well worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
FOM2257, Manager at Mantra Ettalong Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Joel H,

Thank you for your recent review of Mantra Ettalong Beach.

It is lovely to hear that you had a relaxing and peaceful break whilst staying with us. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to our staff who pride themselves in offering professional and friendly service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future on your next holiday.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We spent the weekend here, and although the staff were very nice, our room was run down and dirty.

When we arrived, the room was filthy dirty. E.g. there was a ball of hair on the carpet, the tiled floor was sticky, on the lower shelf of the coffee table were chip crumbs, makeup was on the wall and light switch in the bathroom, and as most of the doors in the room are sliding doors, they all had greasy hand marks on them. We asked the hotel to re-service the room, and although the staff were very obliging and apologetic, we could not see any difference after the room had been serviced again. All of the hair/ chips/ greasy marks remained.

The hotel has a practice of not servicing the rooms on a daily basis, which is fine, as we were aware of this when we booked, and it is presumably incorporated into the lower prices. However, you are only provided with one toilet roll, so if it runs out, you then have to go through the process of requesting another one - why are there no spares?

As well as being dirty, the room had seen its best days. There were gouges out of a couple of the walls (how does that even happen??), a big hole in the sofa arm (presumbly from a cigarette burn) and stains on most of the furniture, curtains and carpet. When we arrived the TV didn't work, so we tried to phone reception to get it fixed, but the phone didn't work either. I went to the lobby and a very helpful member of staff told me he's be up in a minute to help us. He came up very quickly, and fixed the TV immediately. He was unable to fix the phone, but he promised us that it would be fixed the next day, which it was.

On the plus side, the staff were all very helpful and friendly, the view from the room was nice, the hotel provides free parking, and was in a very convenient location relative to the small town. The hotel staff were more than willing to offer advice about the local restaurants - (we'd definitely recommend the beef & barra restaurant). We didn't see the pool/ gym, so we can't comment on those facilities.

1  Thank SydneyBek
FOM2257, Manager at Mantra Ettalong Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear SydneyBek,

Thank you for your recent review of Mantra Ettalong Beach.

We note your comments regarding the housekeeping service of your room and do apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay. Due to the high standards required of Mantra Group, issues such as these are very rare occurrences.

We thank you for bringing the maintenance issues you experienced concerning the room to our attention. Unfortunately maintenance issues do arise from time to time and measures are in place to ensure such issues are rectified promptly as you experienced.

Here at Mantra we pride ourselves on our courteous and friendly service who are always willing to assist.

We do take all of your comments on board and value your feedback as an integral part of our continuing aim to maximise service to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed overnight with my 3 adult daughters in a 2 bedroom apt overlooking the pool. Very spacious room, very clean and a great location. Close to restaurants, cafe and cinema. Reception staff were very polite and friendly. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aus50
FOM2257, Manager at Mantra Ettalong Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Aus50,

Thank you for your recent review of Mantra Ettalong Beach.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning. We are glad to hear that you found the rooms to be spacious, clean and in a great location.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future on your next holiday.