“Would stay again”

Mantra Ettalong Beach
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ettalong Beach
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My wife and I got one of the cheaper rooms..yes the ones that look over the car park
The views suck but the room is very nice actually
The pool in this place looks stupendous unfortunately the weather was no great we didn't actually use it..think two under tens were the only users all weekend..but still

Free parking undercover, restaurants close by, Ocean beach not far off it's certainly somewhere I'd return in summer ...Offseason? I dont know how dead the place would be..but till it turns freezing cold if yo can get a deal it's still worth a stay I suggest

Room Tip: Worth paying the bit extra to be an ocean view I think
1  Thank seeker372011
Manager1211, General Manager at Mantra Ettalong Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Dear seekers372011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Mantra Ettalong.

Regarding ocean view rooms on occassions we do offer discounts which are normally advertised on WOTIF especially during the winter months.

We look forward to welcoming you back during 2012 and thank you again for your review.

There are newer reviews for Mantra Ettalong Beach

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed last weekend in mantra, loved the room, we got on level 5 other than the view of carpark downstairs ( which is not an issue usually for us as we mostly spend time outside when traveling). This time it was my partners birthday and I had all this setup as surprise. When booking I put in special request to provide us room with good views as we were supposed to have few drinks and celebrate birthday in the room. Anyways I checked with them and was advised that no rooms available with views, which was again ok with us but the lady on phone was very rude. I understand hotels are not able to fulfil everyone's request but being nice to guest is not a major problem.
Thanks for chocolate and card left in room, wishing happy birthday to my partner.

Room Tip: Always take rooms towards swimming pool otherwise views are very bad.
2  Thank keeyansaidd

Dear keeyansaidd,

We apprecaite your time in writing a review after your recent stay at the Mantra Ettalong.
Unfortunately ocean vie rooms are always sold out very quickly hence the reason why your request was not fullfilled.
Despite the situation with the receptionist which we will investigate it is pleasing to note that they took some positive action in offering choclates and a card.
We hope you had a pleasant stay and look forward to welcoming you back in 2012.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Nice rooms, good service, a bit out of the way, not really a beach, more a serviced apartment than a resort, clean and good value.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Plain_Truth
Manager1211, General Manager at Mantra Ettalong Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Dear Plain_Truth

We appeciate you taking the time to review our property after your recent visit to the Resort.

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will return again in 2012.

We look forward to welcoming you back and again thank you for your comments.

Ken Edwards and The Mantra Ettalong Team

Reviewed March 19, 2012

My wife was a local in this area for over 20 years, so i brought her back here to the Mantra Ettalong in 2010 to propose, it was also a birthday surprise for her. We had only stayed the night and we did not have any issues with the hotel,we had stayed on 4th level and the views were beautiful.
I brought my wife back here this year, the 2nd weekend of march to celebrate our 1st year wedding anniversary and her birthday. Extremely disappointing! The rooms here aren't exactly cheap for an area that is not closed to anything at all. Before I booked, i rang and confirmed if it was possible to have room with an oceanview (i explained the occasion etc) and i was assured they would try to accommodate my request. I booked online, i placed my request and i called through a week prior to remind them again. When we arrived it was just simply 'your on level 2, we are fully booked'. There was no 'sorry', there was no effort made by any of the staff, including management to accommodate. The room was absolutely the worst deluxe room i've ever stayed in. It was tucked away in the furthest corner hovering above the pool area. NO PRIVACY! ... NO VIEW! When i had previously explained my request over the phone everyone was as nice as pie like it wouldn't be a problem, but in person i was told in a very sarcastic manner that 'everyone here is celebrating something...' I told reception straight away i found this to be extremely rude as they should not speak to any guest like this regardless how many are celebrating or not! The supervisor for the day was even more unhelpful than their staff. I asked for the manager, Megan i believe? to call me back regarding the level of service. i was informed she probably wont call me back ...and no one did.

So whats the point of the comment cards at the front desk?? Pointless.. all pointless.

Mantra Ettalong need to revise their staff and advertisements, what "deluxe" room is on the 1st level above ground staring into another person room? The cheaper rooms facing the carpark had better views then us? Its either an oceanview room or not! Shouldn't be allowed to charge the same rate for an oceanview and a poolview. Many hotels stipulate one or the other.

Also, the term 'resort' is being used very loosely, they don't clean the rooms at all unless you want to pay? Which means towels are dirty after 1 shower and if you run out of toilet paper you have to ask someone to bring some up?. There were no pens or paper in the room either.

My wife's parents still own their family run business in Ettalong and they were even more disappointed (but not surprised) to hear all this. No doubt we will all be passing the message along not to bother here, there are more accommodating actual "resorts" that will look after you, with out the foul attitude and that will look after their guests.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else and you will get a room that your paying for
6  Thank MikMate
Manager1211, General Manager at Mantra Ettalong Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear MikMate

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent stay.

It is disappointing to read that you were totally dissatisified with your stay especially that your request for a better view was not forthcoming. Unfortunately as our weekend was busy we were unable to accommodate your request on this occassion due to not have rooms available with the requested views.
We have taken your comments onboard and a review will be undertaken to ascertain how we can prevent a future occurrence and improve our services.
Again thank you for your feedback

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We headed to Ettalong for a weekend away from Sydney. 2 couples in a 2 bedroom Ocean View apartment was perfect. This hotel overlooks Ettalong beach so has amazing views. Definitely the perfect weekend trip away!

Room Tip: It is worth booking an Ocean view room type.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Manager1211, General Manager at Mantra Ettalong Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Dear NLB0308

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Mantra Ettalong Beach Resort.
It is pleasing to read that you had both a relaxing and enjoyable stay and that everything was to your satisfaction.
We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your comments

Reviewed February 29, 2012

december 2010. ( i know its late) but i drive past it agian this weeekdn and relasied i never reviewed it) 1st ly it was a surpise weeekdn end away for my birthday from my partner a tthe time. bets weekend ever altho. not been with him now makes it hard to think of the best weeekdn ive ever had. The resort was clean, well servicced, great location, walkign distannce to every thing. v ery friendly staff and nothign seemed to be a hassle. i would have to say the pool and sap has been thes best ive come across so far, with the views. supurb. the day spa was ok, altho over prioced, not quiet worth the $ but hye what days spaas at resorts are ?? the girls there where a lill push and there was so many restrictions coudlt even change the time with a days notice with out a fee. but i didt let this dampen the experience even tho i was annlyed with them at 1st. id love to stay hear again kwwp look out for cheap rates, they pop up every so often, great place for a feidns weeekdn away also. alos the lil sleep i did get it was the best sllep i had in a long time, very compy beds pillows, linned, and the lounge sofa was also comfy

Room Tip: lots of restraunts and cafees near by to choose from so dont have to rely o room service or the bist...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager1211, General Manager at Mantra Ettalong Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Dear Drinkychick

Thank you for your review eventhough you have not stayed for some time. We appreciate you taking the time to give an account of your previous stay and it is pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay.
We hope you will take the opportunity of some of our special rates which are advertised form time to time and return to the Mantra.
Best wishes for 2012 and we look forward to having you as a return guest

With Thanks

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed here for two nights as part of a corporate function.

My room was on the second floor and had a view out over the pool. It had a small kitchenette facility and a washer dryer. The bedroom was set off from the living area by sliding double doors.

The hotel public spaces and my room all seemed very new and finished to a good standard, with modern fixtures, fittings and appliances.

My only criticism of the hotel—and it's a minor one—is that it lacks public space and doesn't have restaurant facilities. It is hooked onto The Ettalong Club, which is kind of an RSL but a very nice one, with decent quality food. They did a very nice breakfast for our corporate gathering, but I'm not sure if this would be available to people who aren't part of a group. Regardless, the hotel is right in the Ettalong CBD and there is at least one café directly across the street.

Also, it's worth noting that the beach directly outside the hotel isn't really much of a beach, but only 10 minutes' walk down the road and you're at a very nice beach with decent surf.

With a decent pool, bedrooms separated from living space, and kitchen/laundry facilities in the room, this is a great hotel for a family getaway... I am actually keen to take the family along in a few weeks' time (spouse plus two children under 5). It also worked well for our corporate meeting.

A final and very minor footnote... I left my razor at home, so I enquired about getting one at the reception. In my experience—which is mainly limited to Europe and Asia—any hotel that purports to have three stars or more keeps some disposable razors, toothbrushes, etc., at the front desk. However, the (very friendly) reception staff advised me that the local IGA Supermarket would open at 8 am and I could get one there. It was no big deal, but this—along with the lack of dedicated public spaces—illustrates that this is less of a hotel and more of a holiday apartment complex (though a nice one!).

Room Tip: I reckon the higher you go, the better. My room was on the 2nd floor and overlooked the pool... not...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear TrayflowinUK

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Mantra Ettalong Beach Resort.

It is pleasing to read that you had both a relaxing and enjoyable stay and took the opportunity to explore what Ettalong has to offer.

In relation to your comment regarding supplies available at reception we have taken your comments onboard.
Feedback in an important tool to further enhance and improve our services so we appeciate your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back during 2012 and thank you for your comments

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ettalong Beach
Ettalong Beach Tourist Resort
#2 of 2 in Ettalong Beach
Pullman Magenta Shores Resort
Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast

Been to Mantra Ettalong Beach? Share your experiences!