I stayed here for two nights as part of a corporate function.
My room was on the second floor and had a view out over the pool. It had a small kitchenette facility and a washer dryer. The bedroom was set off from the living area by sliding double doors.
The hotel public spaces and my room all seemed very new and finished to a good standard, with modern fixtures, fittings and appliances.
My only criticism of the hotel—and it's a minor one—is that it lacks public space and doesn't have restaurant facilities. It is hooked onto The Ettalong Club, which is kind of an RSL but a very nice one, with decent quality food. They did a very nice breakfast for our corporate gathering, but I'm not sure if this would be available to people who aren't part of a group. Regardless, the hotel is right in the Ettalong CBD and there is at least one café directly across the street.
Also, it's worth noting that the beach directly outside the hotel isn't really much of a beach, but only 10 minutes' walk down the road and you're at a very nice beach with decent surf.
With a decent pool, bedrooms separated from living space, and kitchen/laundry facilities in the room, this is a great hotel for a family getaway... I am actually keen to take the family along in a few weeks' time (spouse plus two children under 5). It also worked well for our corporate meeting.
A final and very minor footnote... I left my razor at home, so I enquired about getting one at the reception. In my experience—which is mainly limited to Europe and Asia—any hotel that purports to have three stars or more keeps some disposable razors, toothbrushes, etc., at the front desk. However, the (very friendly) reception staff advised me that the local IGA Supermarket would open at 8 am and I could get one there. It was no big deal, but this—along with the lack of dedicated public spaces—illustrates that this is less of a hotel and more of a holiday apartment complex (though a nice one!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the beautiful beachside town of Ettalong, Mantra Ettalong Beach offers spectacular ocean views just 90 minutes north of Sydney on the Central Coast. Combining superbly appointed unserviced beachfront accommodation with an exciting array of leisure and entertainment facilities the resort is the perfect destination for family getaways, romantic retreats or business stays. There's a range of studio, one and two bedroom unserviced spa suites, offering magnificent pool, ocean and hinterland views. All suites are fully furnished with kitchenettes, laundry facilities, air conditioning, balconies, cable TV, CD player and stereo system, hair dryer, tea and coffee making facilities and spa baths. Guests can enjoy the outdoor pool and spa, a variety of dining establishments within walking distance, an entertainment venue which is located adjacent to the hotel. The on-site day spa is located on level 1, Mantra Ettalong Beach we offer clients total relaxation and a real fitness environment to get that full work out experience. If you're here to relax and unwind, energise and work hard, on your own or with a group, you can get some pre and post wedding pampering. No matter how you arrive you will always leave with a deep inner calm. Just a short drive away is the Hunter Valley, one of Australia's most fertile wine-producing regions. Terrigal, Erina and Gosford CBD are just a 25 minute drive away offering an array of cafes, shopping and attractions. Brisbane Water National Park, the Australia Reptile Park, Glenworth Valley horse riding and Outdoor Adventure Centre are conveniently located within a short drive and are popular local attractions. With its pristine water views, and relaxing environment, Mantra Ettalong Beach offers the perfect seaside escape for family getaways, romantic interludes or the business traveller. Maintenance Notice: Remedial building works will be taking place on the pool deck and balconies throughout the building from 1 May until 1 October 2017. The work on the expansion building joints and waterproofing repairs will involve noise and scaffolding. Mantra Ettalong Beach management team wish to apologise in advance for any disturbance this may cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Ettalong Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Ettalong Beach Hotel Ettalong Beach
- Outrigger Ettalong
- Mantra Ettalong Beach Woy