“The best in adelaide”

Adelaide Shores Caravan Park
“The best in adelaide”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here on a powered site with our 2 small children in a caravan. This was our third stay at this park. We found every thing from checkin, staff, amenities and grounds excellant. The camp kitchen is awesome. We would not hesitate in recomending this park. The kids loved the extensive play grounds and jumping pilows. If in adelaide i wouldnt stay any were else!!!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Invy1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Our visit to Adelaide Shores Caravan Park was appalling from the start.
Our dissapointing stay at Adelaide Shores began from Day1;-

When we arrived we were sold a Big4 Membership for $50 to be told that we couldnt use it for our stay OR at the campsite shop (so an absolute waste of $50 especially when we were on a tight budget).

We were quoted prices of $25 a night for an unpowered site for a tent (no car) but on arriving and booking our stay (which was originally intended to be 1month) we were quoted $36 per night for an UNPOWERED site(or so we thought)! We reluctantly paid the first week to see how the stay went. We were booked onto one site but upon arrival (on foot) with all our belongings at the site we found a caravan parked on it (so they had obviously quoted us for a powered site). When we returned to reception they said they double booked us and moved us to another powered site next to the Garbage bins which were full complete with flies and ants covering the bins. When we asked if we could get a different site and unpowered as we didnt need the electricity the receptionist pulled her face as though we had spat at her but still put us on a powered site at $36 a night! We were well aware that the site offered unpowered sites and later on inspection found that many where vacant!

The group kitchen/BBQ facilities were DISGUSTING with bird droppings all over the floor,tables,kitchen counters, fridge, BBQS. The BBQs , which are supposed to be cleaned after use, were all covered in grease, fried food and as mentioned above bird droppings, with pigeons pecking at the debris.

It clearly states in the kitchen area to label food or it will be thrown away by staff which is fair enough but after labelling our food on 3 SEPERATE occasions (we had done a full shop on each occasion) all our food was thrown out... Once our cooler bag, labelled with our food inside it was also removed!! We decided to keep our food with us after the 3rd time which was difficult in a 2 man tent with no power for a fridge or cooling system.

The shop on site is utterley outrageous: nothing in the shop is labelled with prices but when I asked the assistant on the till the price of a couple of items she pulled her face and practically 'snapped' at me as though I was taking the .... But nobody purchases items without knowing the price surely?! As not to annoy the assistant since it was too much trouble to ask for prices we settled on a croissant and a fruit bowl (which we didnt aclaim the prices for infortunately) the total came to $26.00!!! We were EXTREMELY shocked and decided not to shop there again but decided to take the 45minute walk (since we didnt have a car) to the nearest Foodland EVERY DAY (since our food kept getting thrown out at the caravan park) to save ourselves a hell of alot of money!

In the first few days of staying on the site there were a couple of incidents involving youths not staying on the campsite... The first was where one night as we were just getting to sleep, someone ran past our tent and seemed to be lingering around outside of it a couple of times. My partner eventually decided to investigate the minor problem to see who was lingering outside our tent to find a couple of teenage youths wandering around the campsite and when asked if they were staying on the campsite they laughed and ran off shouting no!

The second incident involving youths was again as we were getting to sleep we could here someone lingering around our tent. It was the middle of the night and frightened for our safety my partner went out to investigate. When he got outside there was noone around but all of our fishing gear and a couple of other belongings which was tied securely to the back of our tent had been stolen!! My partner walked around the site to see if he could see anyone with our belongings and came across a plain clothed police officer (aparently) who had no idea of the youths running around the campsite and stealing peoples belongings! It was unsettling to know that a stranger had been in our immediate vacinity and could steal our secured things without being detected- extreme lack of security! We were quite paranoid staying on the campsite after that incident.

I found the showers clean and powerful which is good HOWEVER there was one time when I was taking a shower early morning when I had a knock on the cubicle and a mans voice shouted out that I needed to hurry up and get out as cleaning would begin shortly. Startled i ended my shower immediately and as i stepped out of the cubicle there was a man standing right infront of me who started laughing very seedily- this made me feel sick and as i was the only female in the toilet block at that time I was very nervous and scared at what he might do! The man didnt do anything to me only laugh horrifically but it didnt make me feel very secure knowing he could just walk in and out of the toilet block without notice. There were no cleaning signs around to notify that cleaning was in progress.

Also after meeting a few of our surrounding neighbours who were staying in caravans on the surrounding powered sites we found out that they were all paying $25 a night for the same kind of powered site as we were EXCEPT they all had caravans which used the power supplies and all had large vehicles Parked on the sites aswell compared to our eco friendly 2 man tent using no power supply and not supporting any vehicle!! Surely something wasnt quite right?!

Needless to say we decided to stay only 1 week at the campsite however that wasnt the end of it; around 3 weeks later when we were long gone from that place we recieved a phone call from a manager at Adelade Shores stating that we owed 3 weeks payment and demanding we paid up! When I told the woman we had only stayed a week on the campsite she suggested I was lying and spoke to me like I was the campsite theif! We had been in McLaren Vale for 3 weeks grapepicking! After explaining this the woman got agitated and slammed the phone down (excellent customer service).

All these incidents happened within only 1 week of staying on the campsite- i would hate to know what could have followed if we stayed longer!!!

My review is based purely on my own experience and I am not a person to pursuade others what to do or what not to do however everything in this statement is correct to my knowledge and I know myself, my partner and family members will be staying well away from Adelaide Shores Campsite.

• Stayed February 2012
20 Thank Magwah88
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in April 2012. We stayed with our 3 children ages 8,5 & 3. We stayed in the sea spray accommodation. The room was lovely although dirty hair all through the beds like the blankets hadn't ever been washed, hair in the bathroom and behind toilet door. Dirty foot prints in the bathroom area. The toddler po is fantastic for little kids although such a long way from our room. The only thing close to us was a jumping pillow and small play equipment. Would be nice if another pool was put closer to the sea spray accommodation.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank 32669
South Fremantle WA
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed in a cabin and it was filthy. For the price you pay and the amount of money a Big 4 makes, surley they can update or at least clean the carpets. Yuck.

Room Tip: Take your own tent as the cabins are gross
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 125Jasmine
Capel, Australia
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and son (4 years old) stayed here during school holidays in April for two nights at a premium en-suite site. The sites have plenty of room and the en-suite was good quality. The difference between the premium en-suite and en-suite sites is location. The premium directly overlook the beach which provides an excellent view, particularly at sunset however it also leaves your van and annex completely exposed to the wind. If you want to stay at the premium site, make sure you've got some solid pegs to nail down your annex.

The facilities here are excellent for small children with two large playground areas and two medium sized heated pools. Access to the beach doesn't get much better in Adelaide from a Caravan Park. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Twistie V
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Poorly cleaned cabin. Blankets had hair over them and clearly hadn't been laundered. They have washing machines there and no excuses for unlaundered fleece blankets! Fridge smelled very bad and hadn't been cleaned. Someone else's hat left under qu bed. Dirty mop etc left in bathroom (I would provide new mop head for each guest!). Layers of grubby dirt marks on wooden sofa sides that probably were never cleaned except by me! And cockroaches. I would never stay in s cabin there again. Facilities of the park very good and clean other than above.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank TwoandFour
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The location might affect some negatively being in the flight path to Adelaide airport but I, personally, wasn't too aware of the planes overhead. They've almost got it right at this park. If service at reception could be improved, I'd give higher ratings. The young girl on duty did nothing to welcome me and to introduce me to the hiring options (dvd's / bicycles / etc) nor tour options available. She just issued the invoice, took payment and hurriedly scrawled directions to my site on the park map. I felt that I had interrupted her day somehow. The campervan sites are rather close to each other but the kiddies facilities (even though I don't have any travelling with me) and the very nice camp kitchen, made up for that.

• Stayed March 2012
Adelaide Caravan Park - Aspen Holiday Parks
Marion Holiday Park
Marion Holiday Park
#1 of 1 in Bedford Park

Been to Adelaide Shores Caravan Park? Share your experiences!