“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Beach
Wiltshire
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed here at the beginning and end of my month long holiday due to the close proximity of the beach and airport. Communication with the owners was always prompt, friendly and professional and the apartments were clean and comfortable. I stayed in a 2 bed apartment and also the studio apartment (underfloor heating in here was wonderful!). The walk to Glenelg along the beach (just over the road) or pathway, if seas were too high, was a pleasure and certainly worked up an appetite but it was easy to take a taxi or bus if desired. It was a pleasure to stay in the apartments; many thanks again to the staff who work so hard behind the scenes but especially to Helen for her infinite kindness and sense of humour!

Room Tip: The studio apartment was noisier than the apartment and the bathroom was adjacent to the laundry.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank appleblossom2803

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
uk
Reviewed January 9, 2009

sorry THIS REVIEW IS SOOOO LATE !
stayyed here in 2006 with my son Shaun 26 and Joshua who was 6 year old at time.

I previously lived in West Beach, many years ago, and returned after 20 years.

These Apartments were fantastic! close to Glenelg and across from the Beach. Owners were very nice and Apartments had everything.

I hope to return again perhaps next year.

• Liked — Everthing was marvelous
  • Disliked — nothing to NOT like about these Apartments
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
Reviewed December 10, 2008

Had two lovely stays at the Apartments whilst travelling in the area & was made to feel very welcome by John & Natasha; they were very helpful & are always busy about the place. Clean, comfortable & in a very convenient quite location. Right on the Beach with easy access to / from the Airport & local shops but not too far from the busier areas or the CBD.

Stayed October 2008
United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I had a thoroughly enjoyable time staying at The Esplanade Apartments. The Owner and Management were wonderfully accommodating considering I only booked with them three days before I flew from The United Kingdom and even picked me up from Adelaide airport at 0800 a.m. taking me straight there at no extra charge.

The beds are very comfortable indeed meaning I slept in far too late even for a holiday several times, however Radio alarm clocks are provided if needed; a nice touch rarely seen in holiday apartments.

I was rather glad that smoking indoors was not permitted, but then does any-one in Australia really want to smoke indoors these days when they can enjoy an evening cigar upon the beach? Quite! Also the weather was truly lovely too and frequently is in South Australia even in August.

Although I dislike television and would not have watched it anyway I did like and make use of the availability of a DVD player connected to the television, they can be found in all the apartments as far as I am aware.

These truly are very nice quite spacious apartments with outstanding views. As a British person I loved being able to walk to the beach in less than three minutes... I sat and saw some of the most beautiful sunsets of my entire life there.

I stayed in both The Frogmore Apartments and The Esplanade, but this was not because I asked for relocation, simply due to my staying briefly in Adelaide City itself in between. I only preferred the Frogmore apartments due to the swimming pool on site, as other than that they are both of a very high standard.

The bus service was very efficient and frequent enough for even the most demanding traveller and a very short walk from the apartments.

Although I did not use the kitchen facilities much, this was due to my seeing friends frequently and not because I saw any reason not to do so. Everything was clean, tidy and in perfect working order with the appliances laid out sensibly and logically. I particularly like the spacious fridges and ample workspace.

There were comfortable matching sofas for true relaxation to read in the evening and proper coffee tables too.

I felt that the properties were very secure with two locks on the doors and particularly enjoyed the peace and quiet which one can experience there despite the ten minute drive proximity of the airport.

I wanted to escape the pressures and stresses of life in Britain and escape to the other side of the World. I also needed to catch up with some friends whom I had not seen for many years so the flexibility to come and go as I pleased was very much an advantage and a pleasure.

The Management provided me with a most enjoyable opportunity to do just that.

Many thanks to the Management and many thanks to you all for reading this it is well worth a visit.

• Liked — The comfort and peace and quiet both laways available when needed.
  • Disliked — There is nothing to say in answer to this question.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank CKofUK
sydney
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Ok - the view is pretty good and the apartments are genuinely 2 bedroom and clean - however, the owners are very pushy bodering on rude - cash or 4% extra charge to use a credit card ( apparently to cover their bank costs )

There is not enough clothes line space - and every piece of crockery was either chipped or broken, there was not enough cultery . the pots and pans were bordering on filthy - really i didnt mind that the plates didnt match and 1 plate that was plastic ( broken completley ) but really it was hard to find a glass all 3 of them that didnt have a great big chip out of it. I DO NOT LIKE GLASS CHIPS IN MY DRINKING GLASSES!

a short drive to glenelg - and had we known the area we would have booked closer to glenelg .

These apartment were seriously overpriced and are really budget type

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — broken and not enough crockery glasses or cultery
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
#1 of 7 in Glenelg
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites
Adelaide Shores Caravan Park

Been to Esplanade Apartments? Share your experiences!