“Disappointment!”

Two Birds Gallery Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Berkeley Vale, Australia
“Disappointment!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Had heard the good reports on the coffee. Placed order for a takeaway cap.........waited, waited,20 minutes later still waiting. No feedback from staff. I cancelled the order and asked for a refund and left disappointed. I wasn't the only one cancelling an order and leaving empty handed.

Australia
“Somethings gone wrong!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have always liked and supported Two Birds - but I won't be in such a hurry to go back. I couldn't quite work out what the problem was while I was there with a group of friends. The decor was a little different and the staff were not as charming and the usual perfect presentation was off. On further investigation I discovered the business was recently sold and has new owners. Let's hope they stick to what works and don't wreck the atmosphere of the place. Or perhaps the quirky appealing atmosphere and eye for detail left with the previous owner??

“Very slow”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I feel a little out of step with the other reviewers, and perhaps I just had a bad personal experience, the cafe looks very cute and would properly appeal to the female gender of a certain age rather than a male, however we found the service to be really, really slow, having collected menus and sat down we were left for 20 minutes without even an order for drinks, when we did finally order, our drinks arrived after 10 minutes and our breakfast after 25 minutes, the place was a quarter full so not sure what it's like when really busy, I was also surprised to be told that 'yes we do have wifi, not we no longer give out the password' while I know the internet is a sore subject in Australia, I find that a little mean.
The menu is different and the food was ok as was the coffee, but I am a little surprised at the rave reviews, our experience was also let down by another customers dog being allowed to wonder around the other tables sniffing people's legs , however I blame the dog owners for this and not the cafe, I am sure they are far too trendy to control this.

Australia
“Great food, great coffee”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Always love any excuse to go to Two Birds for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or just coffee. Great food and coffee, friendly service, always new items to look at (and buy). I recently went for their delicious High Tea. Very relaxed and the food was, as always, outstanding.

• Visited September 2013
“Love it !!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

As soon as u walk in the cafe u can feel the great vibe, friendly service, great food and divine hot chocolate :)
I love the surroundings of all the local art and vintage sales.

• Visited August 2012