“Superb location”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Toowoon Bay
Sydney
“Superb location”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Spent two glorious nights at the magnificent Kims retreat ,,we were spoilt beyond belief. The beach front cabin was exquisite , the meals were outstanding, beautifully prepared and scrumptious.
I would recommend Kims do any couple forward for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Although more expensive a beach front cabin is worth it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thommo178
ManagementKims, General Manager at Kims Beachside Retreat, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We are always so happy to hear about a guest Kims experience where we utterly spoilt them and we are so pleased that you felt spoilt beyond belief. Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you found the beachside lodge exquisite and food outstanding. The Kims experience is aimed at romantic getaways and we are glad that you found this to be the case.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My partner and I stayed here last Nov as a treat for our birthdays. Coming in from the top road I felt I was walking through a rainforest. We had a garden spa cabin which even though the place appeared to be full we really only saw other guests at meal times. Oh those meals! The buffet table was groaning and I had kippers for one breakfast. Delicious. We stayed for two nights and even though I would have loved to have stayed some more, I don't think I could handle any more of the out standing food. The Sat night drinks and canape session with music was almost going back in time when cocktail parties were the regulation. Lots of other people here have written things which I would only echo. The reason why I'm writing this now is that I am contemplating another visit soon and maybe treat my daughter and her partner as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementKims, General Manager at Kims Beachside Retreat, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are so delighted that you fondly remember your special birthday escape. We appreciate all your comments on our rooms, location, grounds and delicious food that is still thoroughly enjoyed by all that visit. We also agree that another stay at Kims soon is a must for you and we will also be pleased to welcome your daughter and her partner as well.
Melbourne
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic place to get away from it all. We stayed for 3 days (wish it could have been more) for my wife's 50th birthday. I'm honestly not too sure what I could say that hasn't already been said. I'll happily echo all the favourable comments made before mine.

From the extra touches I requested, roses in our room and at the dinner table for the night of our arrival, to the extra treats in our room each night. The friendly down to earth service made you feel as though you were almost staying with family, and nothing was ever too much trouble. I'd especially like to thank Nicole for making some special arrangements for me with a smile and a minimum of fuss, as well as entertaining us with her vigorous cocktail making skills and a chat whenever our paths crossed. We were told during our stay that 2 out 3 guests return for repeat stays and it is easy to see why. The view from the verandah at breakfast was worth the price of admission by itself

A word of warning to the uninitiated, allow for an expanding waistline during your visit. The buffet offered at breakfast lunch and especially dinner was far beyond our expectations. One serving was never enough and whichever of your chefs made the salted caramel ice cream needs either an award or a spanking, I'm not sure which. Thankfully there are enough stairs from Treetops to the restaurant that I got at least a little exercise. Thank you again for a wonderful, too brief, stay. We are already planning on a return visit.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank klaatuveradanikto
ManagementKims, General Manager at Kims Beachside Retreat, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and we are extremely pleased that you and your wife enjoyed her special birthday celebrations at Kims. It was lovely to meet with you both and we always enjoy making the stay of our guests an even more memorable and unique experience. We pride ourselves on being a family owned and operated resort and the majority of our senior staff have been with us for a long time and feel like part of our family too. The Salted Caramel Ice Cream was only newly featured during your stay and from all the comments received I am sure will become a more permanent creation on our buffets. Thank you for all your comments on our meals which we carefully design to ensure a buffet meal with a difference. I will certainly pass your comments along to our staff and especially Nicole and Stuart the Ice Cream Chef who are very good at what they do and are always happy of the recognition. We look forward to welcoming you again for perhaps a longer visit, or just more frequent escapes throughout the year.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband took me to Kims for my birthday our 3rd visit we love the peace and quiet and the fact that it is so private. The staff are all just wonderful .
Thank you to the management and staff for another fairy tale weekend :)

Room Tip: while it is expensive we still love it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo-anne B
ManagementKims, General Manager at Kims Beachside Retreat, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your birthday and third visit with us, especially the peace and quiet. Thank you for your lovely comment on the staff and management and we look forward to you welcoming you again for another fairy tale stay.
Wyong, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a great weekend, from arrival right through to departure, we were treated like special guests. The accommodation was very comfortable and clean, the food was absolutely delicious and the staff very friendly and helpful.
The pampering place provided a very relaxing massage.
Special mention to the staff in the restaurant, who made dining there a pleasure.
We will be back one day to enjoy it all over again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hideaway, a two level apartment, very private, lovely slow combustion fire. It was...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cyndy66
ManagementKims, General Manager at Kims Beachside Retreat, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and we are so very pleased that you enjoyed your weekend escape, with special mention of our lovely accommodation, delicious food and pleasant helpful staff. We thoroughly enjoy knowing that you captured the Kims experience during your stay and look forward to welcoming you both again.
Blackwater, Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I wanted a quiet weekend away on the beach front and what an amazing place we found. Full five star service, right on the waters edge. The bed was amazing, the view was beautiful, and the setting was like a fairy tale. The food was delicious. The only thing we thought was a bit out was charging per night per person ($430) but was worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cat Y
We are certainly very thankful and appreciative of the way you described Kims – just like a fairy tale, we hope that you felt like Cinderella and Prince Charming. We are delighted that you enjoyed our all inclusive package of an individual beach front lodge, superb dinner, buffet lunch and full breakfast with items like our service, comfortable bed, beach location and delicious food being some of your highlights. Thank you again for your comments and we too are pleased that you found us and look forward to your return.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Kim's for 2 nights to spend some quality time together and we definitely did that. We opted for a mid-range priced room with a Jacuzzi (around $750 a night) and enjoyed relaxing amidst the beautiful rainforest-like setting. The room setting was good with nice high ceiling. The bed was heavenly beyond words. Unfortunately, we didn't get to go onto the beach because it pretty much rained on both days that we were there. Owners and staff were lovely, except for a snooty lady working at the buffet area on one of the days who weren't at all friendly. I am not sure why everyone is raving about the food because while it was adequate and homely, it was definitely not a 5-star buffet and we've been to a few. We appreciate the "cleaning ninjas" that sneak in and do touch ups in room during the meal times. Despite our best efforts, we can never catch them in the act!!! Overall, we were happy with our stay and despite my personal thoughts on the food, you do need to experience Kim's once in your life.

Room Tip: Get a room with a Jacuzzi!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tisha C
ManagementKims, General Manager at Kims Beachside Retreat, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed a relaxing quality time together as a couple and found the Terrace Spa Bungalow with outdoor heated Jacuzzi beautiful. Our beds are from Sleepmaker, Beauty Rest pillow top, the "Do not disturb collection" and we are pleased you found them very comfortable and “heavenly”. Our food is well known for being so fresh, well presented, and lovingly prepared and cooked with all guests needs catered for. Our daily housekeeping and evening turn down staff appreciated your comments on their sneaky touch ups. We also believe that Kims is a place to experience at least once this lifetime, we are grateful that a very high percentage of our guests return time and time again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toowoon Bay
#3 of 9 in The Entrance
Pullman Magenta Shores Resort
Oaks Waterfront Resort The Entrance
Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast

Been to Kims Beachside Retreat? Share your experiences!