All reviews short stay train station great location vietnamese transport facilities
Reviewed March 24, 2018

We were looking for somewhere to stay close to the Showgrounds for the show. We had 2 double rooms for 2 nights. The staff when we arrived were very curt and unhelpful. Parking was a big problem.
The only place we could find was in the Strathfield Plaza carpark and that was $60.00 per night. It did not open until 8 am which meant we could not get our car out early.
The rooms were extremely basic. The bathrooms were not clean and neither were the vinyl floors of the room, they were sticky when you walked on them. One room did not even have a bin. One of the rooms had empty condom packaging between the wall and the bed. The rooms were not serviced during our stay - not even clean towels or emptying of the only bin. A very disappointing experience.

Room Tip: avoid this one
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robyn H
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night and was pretty happy with the quality of my stay. Room wasn't the biggest, but no smaller then what you would get at an Ibis. Very short walk to the train station (2 mins) and only a 5 min train ride to Olympic Park (ANZ Stadium & Qudos Bank Arena). Bathroom could've been a bit cleaner though, there was other people's hair and little bits of mould in the corners and recess of the shower.
Overall wasn't too bad for a short stay

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2017

Very satisfactory. Good value for money. Room clean but rather small. Private bathroom worth paying extra. Had a good night's sleep. Very quiet. Enjoyed the outside deck. Staff very friendly and helpful. Many good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Room with private bathroom preferred
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

I was quite impressed by the friendliness of the staff member on duty when i arrived. The overall feel of the lodge and the room was very clean. Quite impressed by the toiletries- including earplugs (cos yeah its a little noisy but not bad), and toothbrush and paste.
As a bigger girl i appreciated the large shower stall.
The bed was getting of an age where a few springs were abit uncomfy but not too bad.
I was impressed by the communal areas and the central location.
A few small issues that are easily rectified would make it wonderful- provide bath mats (shower leaks at bottom all over the floor) more, bigger and better quality towels- mine had a hole, and perhaps look into upgrading the mattresses..
Oh and anyone with a phobia of small, shuddering lifts...TAKE THE STAIRS.
Overall i considered value for money, worth paying extra for own bathroom. I had room 5 and was happy. Would stay again and recommend if after somewhere cheap and clean.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2017

I was looking for a good price in Sydney, close to transport. I was happy to pay less for shared bathroom facilities.

It was very easy to access by train as Strathfield Railway station is a junction station with express trains to the City. It was a short walk from the station.

The hotel is located very near a shopping centre with lots of places to eat (mainly Vietnamese). The receptionist was friendly and helpful and the room was clean and functional. The beds and pillows were a little hard. I was concerned to find earplugs provided but I didn't have any issues with noise even though it was Friday night.

I don't expect miracles from shared bathrooms but the male rooms were particularly unclean with older type facilities.

In summary, I pretty much got what I paid for in Sydney and I personally would go there again but I would only recommend it with provisos.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo