“Fantastic views over the ocean, but very expensive.”
Review of Kailis Trigg Beach - CLOSED

Kailis Trigg Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kiosk & restaurant with oceanfront views.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The location can't be faulted, however, the food & service are no more than average since ownership changed. Food is overpriced for what you get and the is no flair in the menu whatsoever. Staff are friendly but service is very slow even when the place is quiet.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great food in good portions, not very adventurous though. Prices are a bit high but I suppose you are also paying for the views over the sea and the bright, spacious interior. Service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We used to go to Trigg Island cafe all the time and when it ws taken over we had heard some bad reports regarding the food. However, we decided to give it a go when we had visitors over as they had been before when it ws Trigg and had great memories. So sorry to report how disappointed we all were. The restaurant ws almost empty (a first for us), the staff were good, but the meals were average and thats being kind. I would expect with Kailis owning the restaurant that they would employ people who could cook fish and seafood to a high standard. This was not the case. My partner had the seafood basket and it was very unappealing, no garnish to brighten the meal up. The breadcrumbs on the fish and other seafood was bland. The people in the party who opted for the grilled snapper (taking a trip down memory lane) it was without taste and quite chewy. We were hoping that the reports we heard were exagerated but unfortunately they are correct. A great restaurant spoilt.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

From the moment we walked in we felt extremely welcome. The atmosphere was wonderful. More like an upmarket cafe right on the beach front. The service was wonderful. Danni was a pleasure to talk to. She was so friendly. The food was just beautiful. My husband and I has the whole bream grilled with steamed veges. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Megankelly65
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was lucky enough to score a last minute invite to lunch last Thursday and was very impressed with the whole experience. We were quickly seated, very well looked after throughout (the service was fab) and the food was fantastic! I had the local garlic prawns (brought sizzling to the table) and they were to die for, followed by the chicken salad which was just deliciously fresh, flavoursome and well presented. I followed it up with a coffee and I have to say, it was unexpectedly great. I can't wait to follow it up with a breakfast one weekend!

1  Thank deb g