“Perfect spot for peaceful getaway”

Trigg Retreat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Trigg B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect spot for peaceful getaway”
Reviewed February 24, 2009

This was my second visit to Perth and spent some time researching places to stay. This wasn't my first choice - that was a place nearer the centre of Perth who cancelled on me with less than a weeks notice, so I was lucky to find Trigg Retreat had spaces.

It all turned out beautiful, the room I was in was spotless, tastefully decorated and with a large ensuite. I liked that there was a small fridge in the room which meant I could keep some cold drinks aside. There was also a full size ironing board and iron - something you would have to ask for specifically elsewhere.

I took pictures of my room and I think at some point or other, the other rooms were open as well, so I snapped shots of those as well - it was nice to see the place open and not just a corridor of doors as you tend to see at standard B&B's. But this isn't a standard B&B, it's quite lovely. The breakfasts also were delicious and filling. I chose cooked breakfasts all days but one - would recommend the full brekkie and the croissants - yum!

The location was just up the freeway from Perth - maybe 10-20 mins by car - although it could get busy in the standard rush-hours, but this suited me just fine. Another 5 minutes down the road was Scarborough beach with plenty of parking. Going north - about 10-15mins - there was the Hillarys marina where you could get the ferry to Rottnest Island - and leave the car for free.

I loved that there was free internet, DVD's and books, although I didn't need too much of that. Not far from the B&B there was a shopping centre, cinema, Fitness First at Inaloo, which saved me some trips into Perth.

And just on the sea front there is a restaurant with a takeaway pizza place on the right - the pizza place has the BEST pizza I've ever had - can't believe it's so far away!

Would definitely recommend this as a place to stay, and will go back myself.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sydney Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2009

From the time we arrived until the time we left, we felt comfortable and very welcome. Sue was our host at Trigg Retreat. She was friendly and very helpful in providing information about things to do during our stay. We found this advice very helpful.

The rooms are all spotlessly clean, the bed is high quality and the bathroom fixtures excellent. Even the hairdryer is a 'proper' one, not one of the usual hotel provided ones that lack power.

As well as a tv there was a dvd player in each room and a library of dvds to select from. In an alcove downstairs there is a computer for guest use at no extra charge. This was extremely helpful as we were able to check-in online for our flight home and our boarding passes were printed by Sue for us.

For three out of the four mornings we opted for the 'cooked breakfast' and we both thoroughly enjoyed our choices. The were certainly worth the extra ten dollars. If you choose to stay with the continental selection there is plenty to choose from. A range of cereals and fruit, yoghurt, toast and croissants with jams, honey and marmalade. There was also a selection of juices which to my delight, included pineapple juice.

I recommend Trigg Retreat Bed and Breakfast to anyone who is travelling to Perth either for pleasure or on business. It is close to the beaches and Hillarys Boat Harbour, a short trip to the city and easy access to the freeway to the airport. We certainly enjoyed our stay there and will stay again on our next trip.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendliness and amenities!!!
  • Disliked — We liked everything.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank annabelle2904
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trigg
Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
Hyatt Regency Perth
Hyatt Regency Perth
#19 of 81 in Perth
Quality Resort Sorrento Beach

Been to Trigg Retreat Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!