All reviews owners and staff local honey beer garden homemade granola scottish borders locally sourced produce family suite attending a wedding comfortable room fantastic food wine list kippers two night stay a lovely place to stay berwick upon tweed black pudding warm welcome
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice room and good pub food backed up with friendly staff. A real winner. Some light road noise from farm vehicles but would not put me off returning. Recommended if you are in the area. and looking for a friendly pub with good facilities for overnight or short term break.

Room tip: They are hoping to extend and have more bedrooms next year at the back of the building - this would be my first choice.
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great weekend yet again. Very hospitable establishment with wonderful hosts and staff. Great cuisine and such a choice. We will return in the not too distant future to be spoilt and pampered in the traditional Scottish fashion. Thanks once again.

Room tip: Very comfortable.
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doug G
Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

I’ve stayed here several times over the past 5 years and it is one of very few places I look forward to visiting on my business trips.

Decent room, great food and a warm welcome always await. And on my most recent visit, due to unforeseen circumstances, I needed a bit more from the hotel than normal and they went the extra mile.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank GARYP870
Reviewed September 7, 2019

A great stay. Many thanks to William and the team for making our stay so enjoyable. We were there for our son’s wedding and the staff couldn’t have done more for us. Sneer the night before the wedding was fantastic and the rolling lunch for our guests was amazing.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Go155149
Reviewed September 4, 2019

Good ambience, extensive menu and specials board. Staff friendly but not over attentive. Food was good and tasty but disliked the vegetables of broccoli and curly kale as these were just too tough to eat. Al dente is good but not all guests like this toughness as a way of serving vegetables

Room tip: Only had dinner.