Sundown Villas
Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$90
$69
$79
$65
Diplomat Boutique Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$88
$123
$119
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra Kingston(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Pool
Knightsbridge Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$120
Forrest Hotel And Apartments(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$67
Brassey Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
Hotels.com
All reviewssmall kitchenetteretirement villageseparate bedroomliving areaown mealsdouble bedstay there againshort driveclean accommodationreception areatennis courtshappily stay here againbus stopair conditionerstayed for nightsmotelunits
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed overnight while visiting my sister in the Canberra hospital, and found the rooms comfortable, albeit basic. The bed was very firm, but I slept surprisingly well despite my reservations about its comfort levels. I wouldn't recommend the Bistro for fine dining, but it was adequate for a quick, moderately priced meal, and the staff there were very friendly. The location is really quiet, as it is off the main road, and I like the 'caravan park' feel about the place. I'll definitely be staying there again when I next head down to Canberra.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here while working remotely with my company. The room quality is excellent, I had a kitchen, bathroom and seperate bedroom which suited my long term living requirements.

The only downside, and it was a big one for me was the over the top prices for wireless internet, per day they wanted $16. Considering the number of apartments they could make their money back and more with a more acceptable $5 per day. What made it worse was the limited 3G/4G service inside the rooms (not something the motel can really help but it sure impacts in my desire to stay there again).

We're not in the 90's anymore, decent internet connectivity is a requirement for business travellers, if you're reading this please consider reviewing your prices for net access.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DaveWillison
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I can not believe anyone would want to stay at this place after the first visit. We book through a booking site for 2 adults / 2 children- the Sundown Motel (refuse to call it a 'Resort'), said we only booked for 2 Adults and wanted extra $40 for our children. Luckily I had our booking sheet, so made them copy it.
The room was ok- clean & tidy but the hot water service ran all night and it was impossible to sleep! We decided to just leave it at that, not complain, over the whole bad experience.
BUT...we just received a receipt for $40 charge on the 7th of May, we stayed on the Mid Feb. It is disgusting a 'Motel' has the right to charge 3 months after our stay. Best Western were no Help! Just bad guest experience, we will NEVER repeat!!!!
The staff/manager were not helpful to start with and with so many more better options in the area- keep looking for a better place to stay!

Room Tip: If you must stay here- ask with a room without a hot water service.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here for Easter 2013. As always we found it hard to find somewhere that sleeps 5 (one child too many :-))

2 bedrooms, one with a double and one with two singles plus one bed in the living area. The bedrooms pretty small, but functional.

Bathroom fine, great shower, but access off the 2nd bedroom which was a bit of a pain.

Kitchenette well equipped and living area big enough.

Was very clean and serviced daily.

Location was well out of town in a rural setting, but nothing is Canberra is far away, the roads are good and traffic is light.

It was very quiet and lacked energy, but that was expected. Upside it was very safe.

Kids swam in the pool and used the playground.

Highlight of Canberra was the food in Dickson. Forget Kingston and Manuka and take the drive to Dickson. We found the food in Canberra to be quite expensive for what you got, compared to Sydney. But that's all about competition.

All in all it was a good stay and I can recommend this property if you are looking for value and peace, and you are prepared to drive everywhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AdamJSydney
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This property features cabanas with a queen bed and a fully fitted out kitchen. The bedroom is comfortable but small with electric blankets on the bed. The living area/kitchen has a wall-unit air conditioner/heater that works well. There is a large flat-screen TV. All in all, comfortable, clean but not opulent. But, at a little over 100 Australian dollars a night, a heck of a lot cheaper than downtown Canberra hotels. The shower in my room reminded me of the illegal showers Kramer was sourcing on Seinfeld -- really, really high pressure. It was great.

Room Tip: Avoid meals (including breakfast) onsite. They aren't cheap and they aren't great.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends