“Consistently good coffee”

Leroy's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Leroys has consistently good food and coffee which is why it’s a regular for us and our family.

It has a good mix on the menu from burgers to salads and the breakfast menu is pretty comprehensive.

Although I keep returning several times a week - it is many of the staff that let this place down for me - A little bit of friendliness goes and very long way.

Reviewed February 22, 2018

It was near impossible to pick what to have for breakfast on the menu because everything sounded amazing! Ordered the Bircher bowl as it was a special and it was absolutely delicious! Had many people from Instagram asking where it was from. Staff were lovely too!

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

The motto at Leroy’s is good food, good coffee, good people and good vibes. The former two are definitely true but the latter two are completely not.

Leroy’s food offering is fairly standard of breakfast cafes these days and it tastes great. Coffee is really good too.

Service and staff, however, are not. We arrived for a late breakfast and were greeted with ‘Hi guys, just wanting some takeaway coffees?’ Err, no. What a weird way to greet guests. Seems to suggest you don’t want people to actually eat at your place. When we said we wanted something to eat the waitress looked at her watch and says ‘That’s fine.’ Rude much?

This same waitress (young, tall, caucasian female with long brown hair and way too much make up on) then wipes our table in such a way she is wiping the crumbs and dust onto both our laps.

After taking our coffee orders she comes back and says ‘So do you actually want food?’ Yes. That’s what we said at the beginning.

The whole vibe of the place was that this waitress did not want to be there and we somehow created a nuisance by eating there.

I would suggest going to The Backyard café which is only a few meters away and has much friendlier staff.

Leroys C, Manager at Leroy's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2018

Hi shoryukan,
First of all I want to say thank you for taking the time to visit and review us. We take every review seriously so we can improve.

I want to apologize for you recently experience at Leroys on the behalf my myself and my staff. I can assure that is not how we condone customer interactions nor how we train our staff. I have taken the time to address these matters with the affected staff members to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I hope this recently expereice doesn't reflect on how you think of us and we would love to have you back to Leroys another time on us to make it up to you.

If you find yourself wanting to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me on 03 9399 4187.

Regards,
Nick

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Love the chai, coffee's got a funny taste... just a roast that doesn't suit me ... a bit nutty. Staff are slow but atmosphere is good

Reviewed November 23, 2017

My niece and her baby and I went down to LeRoy's for lunch yesterday. Wow! I haven't been here since the make over and it looks amazing in a nordic way. They have a great menu and a great selection of filled bagels & cakes. The bagels were a great choice! I really enjoyed my smoked trout one! I would highly recommend LeRoy's for lunch when your in Newport! Next time my partner and I might visit for breakfast, the menu looked great!!