“Untainted Paradise”

Ranked #3 of 13 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Bacolod, Philippines
“Untainted Paradise”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Me and my workmates decided to take our first trip to this island based on the numerous feedback (mostly positive) about this resort, we decided to stay at this resort because its basically the most popular and well packaged place in the whole island and not to mention, their pretty much easy on the pockets, I mean, by the looks of the resort you would'nt expect to find a room as less as P1000+ but we did, our room was clean, it had airconditioning, television, shower, and they've also got other rooms like the family villa, ocean view room, deluxe, etc. but you'll have to pay extra for these types of rooms, but still relatively affordable. The place has got its own restaurant, 2 pools, one of them an infinity, free wifi at the lobby, and alot of extra activities that they offer at a very affordable price, there are however a few cons that i noticed, like the shower is relatively weak, you'll most likely end up using the pail, no wifi at the rooms only lobby, and television are local channels only, but these are very minimal...I mean, I dont think you would come here to watch tv would you? So all in all an awesome place and I am definitely planning to come back here sooner than later

Room Tip: Tour package around camotes island are around P1500 - P2000 depending how you haggle, but for the pr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bossmonkee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Camotes for Holy Week this year. This was our second trip to Santiago Bay Garden Resort, Camotes and what a transformation from our first visit…from a rather laid back, basic resort we found a vibrant, clean and friendly atmosphere with lots of things to do.
As it was Holy week, naturally the resort was fully booked, but the staff kept their friendly and attentive attitude.
The Manager, a German, was around the whole day to talk to guests, making sure that all is well.
The food was excellent, very reasonable priced and the portions, we thought, were rather big, ideal for Filipino ‘sharing’ habits. The nightly bbq dinners, with fresh seafood were just heavenly..
Rooms were cleaned every day and our Bungalow had a flat screen TV with cable programs, coffee making facility and hot and cold shower..
All in all a fantastic Holy week experience…Thank you…we surely will come again..

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JessicaAnneF
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The largest resort currently on the Camotes Islands, Santiago Bay Garden and Resort has been one of the best places to stay for many years. Ever expanding, they have now added another infinity pool and are currently building some spacious villas at the top of the property.
Some rooms have great bay and ocean views and really is a relaxing place to spend a few days.
Restaurant menu could be a little better, but the food is ok if not great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PHoenix242
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed March 4, 2013

For the past 32 years of my life I only heard about Camotes from people who have been captivated by that place. I just needed to put a check on my bucket list before I even get to turned 40. So last March 2, we went to Camotes and check-in at Santiago Bay. The place was relaxing with beautiful scenery. It’s near the church, restaurants and is very accessible to jeepneys and motorbikes. The food was great! I remembered ordering a Pepperoni Pizza and I almost ate everything that turned everybody’s eyebrows up. The pool was in a strategic place that gives you the cinematic view of the sea. I could have given Santiago Bay a good score. However, the one thing that really frustrates me is their rooms. On my trips, I always valued the look and feel of the room. It needs to be clean and the bed needs to be comfortable. The price in Santiago Bay was very affordable, but I would pay more to get a good night’s sleep. Overall I gave them a rate of three stars not just because of the rooms, but I think there is still so much room for improvement. If you are into a chillaxing mode or simply to oblige a bucket list, or you can do both. Well, Santiago Bay is for you… I hope to be back this year.

Room Tip: If you could reserve for their villas or deluxe rooms i think it would be better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank hingedman
Palawan Island, Philippines
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The standard room we had was okay. We had a fantastic view of the beach. It had basic amenities and comfortably accommodated me and my 3 friends. They also have a swimming pool facing the beach so it was relaxing. We are not choosy travellers so we had no problem with our room. But i want to say that the service could have been improved...

1. Maybe the front office could have shown ENTHUSIASM on welcoming their guests.
2. The room attendant could have at least offered some help with our things or at least to my female friend. It was only him so definitely he couldn't help us all but he could have at least have the INITIATIVE to help any from us.
3. Since we were out the whole day, we expected that the 2 extra beds we requested upon checking in were set up already. But when we came back at past 5 pm and found the bed foams outside our door, we thought it was a little RUDE for them to just put it there.

Overall, we still had a great time exploring the beaches and other special interests in Camotes Island. But the resort didn't leave a good impression on us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank palawan_lad
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Santiago bay initially seems like a decent resort, close to the beach with a fantastic view from the restaurant and near where the jeepneys and motorbike hire is. The rooms are fairly basic but clean and relatively reasonably priced. As with the other reviewers, the rooms weren't cleaned but as we only stayed briefly this was not an issue.

Unfortunately whilst I was there the mobile mast failed and the staff seemed very unsure as to how to get the ferry back to Danao without the mobile signal. The food was also overpriced and not as tasty as Nenas on the beach.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank deenairn
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We booked a non-aircon standard room for our overnight stay. The ToothPick Red #4 Room was equipped with all basic necessities. An electric fan, 2 single beds, cabinet, drawer, hangers, toiletries and in fairness to them, the room was a bit spacious for a standard room. We are not picky when it comes to room accommodations as long as it’s clean and can welcome us comfortably. Fortunately, the resort did comfort us. They also have swimming pool facing the beach, pool area, gathering and occasion facilities and videoke machine. Food prices in their restaurant were also reasonable unlike any other resorts. The staffs were very accommodating especially Joy-Joy who serves us food and Kuya Pher.

Here's a link to my whole resort review with pictures: http://necatheexplorer.blogspot.com/2013/02/accommodations-in-camotes-island.html

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
#9 of 17 in Camotes Islands
Swisslagoon Camotes
Swisslagoon Camotes
#2 of 13 in San Francisco

Been to Santiago Bay Garden & Resort? Share your experiences!