We booked this resort from Cebu as Camotes is close and we wanted to get out of the city for a few days. We booked a "Superior" room by phone for 2600 pesos ($60) per night for a family of four. The room was okay, quite basic, but we did have clean sheets and towels with a cold water shower. The Resort advertises white beaches but the only beach front is when the tide is out. When the tide is in, you walk directly down the ramp into the sea. You can walk out in the sea quite a distance, but watch for sea urchins, my foot found one! When the tide is out the local dogs roam the beach and leave their deposits on the beach and some trash washes up, so the sea isn't too pristine for swimming here. There is a small pool in the resort which was fine and our kids spent much time there. A local man took us out snorkelling to the next bay which was fun and much cheaper than the resort charges for their snorkel equipment. The restaurant food was fine, although the menu was limited. Grilled tuna was very good. We did eat down the beach at a small local restaurant once, but we waited 50 minutes for our food and the grilled fish was burned black on the outside and raw on the inside. After that experience we ate our meals at the resort. One aggravation was travelling to the resort from the ferry, we negotiated a price directly with the driver. Returning to the ferry from the resort, the price doubled even though it was the same driver, same truck, same distance! It seems the hotel staff adds a commission. It does have a scenic view of the bay, but I would check other hotels or resorts to see how they compare. This one is quite close to the Consuelo ferry port.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Camotes Islands, Santiago Bay Garden and Resort is an ideal spot from which to discover Cebu. Set 157.4 Km from the excitement of the city, this 3-star hotel commands an excellent location and provides access to the city's biggest attractions. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see destinations. Offering hotel guests superior services and a broad range of amenities, Santiago Bay Garden and Resort is committed to ensuring that your stay is as comfortable as possible. To name a few of the hotel's facilities, there are meeting facilities, room service, restaurant, airport transfer, bicycle rental. Step into one of 51 inviting rooms and escape the stresses of the day with a wide range of amenities such as television, non smoking rooms, shower, balcony/terrace which can be found in some rooms. The hotel offers fantastic facilities, including pool (kids), outdoor pool, water sports (motorized), massage, garden, to help you unwind after an action-packed day in the city. Superb facilities and an excellent location make the Santiago Bay Garden and Resort the perfect base from which to enjoy your stay in Cebu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Santiago Bay Garden & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santiago Bay Garden And Resort
- Santiago Bay Garden Hotel San Francisco
- Santiago Bay Garden & Resort Camotes Islands, Philippines - San Francisco