“Disappointed”

Enigma
Ranked #1 of 102 Restaurants in Castle Hill
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Enigma, our modern Greek restaurant located at The Piazza, Castle Hill’s vibrant restaurant precinct within Castle Towers. We’re delighted to offer you a selection of modern Greek dishes that represent Mediterranean cuisine at its very best.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Visited this restaurant, at lunchtime, on Sunday 2/6/13 for my wife's birthday. We left feeling disappointed after reading all the good reviews. The wait staff were nice and friendly and the decor of restaurant was very Greek i.e. blue and white. The worst part was we had to wait for around 1.5 for our main meals. The table next to us had waited over 2 hours. The reason was that they only had two chefs in the kitchen. The food service was very slow and from where we sat we could see the kitchen and I am sure that non one knew what they were doing which made the wait time even longer. For the price per main meal around $38 you would expect more form this restaurant. Also I am not too sure how much Greek influence there is apart from calling things Mediterranean or having a Greek name in the food description. As I said we were disappointed at the wait time but at least they gave our table complimentary drinks to make up for the wait time. Overall I don't think we will go back again as it is not worth the money and it is far from being authentic Greek food.

1  Thank Mardeb21

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I did the $55 menu which included appetizer, mains and dessert.

I was so surprised at how well this restaurant is run.

From the moment we walked in there were smiles everywhere from staff and the service was so good !

Some may argue that items are a little on the price side but for the quality of food and the service I am more than happy to pay the extra $$'s.

Not many places like this in Castle Hill.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank japerez
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We visited in a group of two children and six adults. The children's meals were excellent, variations on adult meals and the adults greatly enjoyed the Greek Banquet. Standout courses in the Banquet include the slow-roasted lamb, haloumi, the dips and the tender salt and pepper squid. Everything was exceptionally fresh and beautifully presented. The restaurant is very attractive and the staff extremely attentive. We will definitely return soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This restaurant has the highest rating in Castle Hill and deservedly so. The food, the ambiance and the service are all divine.

But I've still rated them 4 stars because their prices are a little over the top. Expect to pay $20 for entrees, around $35 for mains and $12 for desserts. By Jupiter, this place would be my regular haunt if prices weren't so steep.

I only go here if someone else is paying. I prefer the Haloumi or the tender Squid as an entree and then for mains I usually have the Slow-Roasted Lamb or the Lamb Shanks. Creme Brulee is the pick of the desserts. The Chef is very talented.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel receptionist recommended that we visit one of a number of restarants in Castle Hill and we chose this one based on a quick look at the menu.

The food was excellent; starters and mains were absolutely delicious. The staff were friendly and efficient.

I can highly recommend the lamb shank, which was melt in the mouth.