“Ok Atmosphere & food, too expensive”

Criniti's Castle Hill
Ranked #71 of 100 Restaurants in Castle Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Criniti's restaurants are proud to be serving Sydney, Newcastle & Melbourne with the best Italian pizza & pasta in Australia, as voted by you. Our menu is a fusion of traditional & contemporary dishes from steaks & burgers, to seafood platters & gourmet salads.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok Atmosphere & food, too expensive”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a quick meal. Staff were friendly. Food tasted good, ok, nothing flashy. Gave it 2/5 stars for the lack of value for money.

Surprised that a cafe style Castle Hill pizza place could charge $29 for basic pasta dishes and $24 entree when I've eaten the same entree in better city restaurants for just $14-16 and it tasted better.
Would have ordered steak and veges but couldn't stomach their $48 price tag. Seems like hatted restaurant prices for a nice pizza cafe chain venue.
Saw another review of $125 cost for 4 people to eat pizza.

Angelo D, Guest Relations Manager at Criniti's Castle Hill, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Hi KarenScottDavie,
Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant in Castle Hill.
Every comment and feedback is vital to us, and we take them very seriously, that's why I'm sorry to read that you felt the food you had was overpriced. I would like to assure that the quality of the product we use is first choice only and that's why it could look a bit over the average of a "cafe style pizza place" which is not the Criniti's style as you can see from our menu, quality and service.
All our customers are always happy about our dishes and we definitely want to keep satisfying all of you.

If I could be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me at the following email address: angelo@crinitis.com.

Have a great day
Kind Regards

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Overpriced and not value for money”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Sat outside with a group of friends celebrating a birthday. Ordered the Seafood Marinara.
I get caught every year as the birthday person really thinks this is a good place to eat out...its not. Maybe she is going on the good name the chain has had in the past or the fact that by seating outside people who see you know that you are paying over the top prices and gets cudos from that????? I don't know.
Next year the birthday will come up and the group will say let's go to Crinitis...I swear I will refuse to go it's just not good value when You have to stop at Maccas on the way home.
Solution: I will get in early and book tables for the groupat another restaurant.

Visited April 2014
Angelo D, Guest Relations Manager at Criniti's Castle Hill, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Hi Giannidifirenze,
thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant in Castle Hill.
I'm disappointed to read about your bad experience with us. As we love to hear all the feedback and eventually discuss them with our customers I would like to have some more info about the issues you experienced.
In your review the only sentence about your experience in the restaurant is the first one, which describes your order.
Then there are no other reference to our Food/Service, I just understand you didn't like it as you want to bring your friends somewhere else.

As I would like to follow up with this, getting more details, please feel free to contact us at the following email address feedback@crinitis.com in order to assist you further.

Have a great day
Angelo D'Alessio
“DIRTY PLATES, BAD SERVICE, HIDDEN CHARGES, SALTY! Avoid at all costs!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

So many negative aspects about this restaurant. We arrived for lunch and before we even sat down they were hassling us to order drinks however, after that we were not served for at least half an hour. Finally we ordered the tortellini and risotto. We asked for sharing plates and all three were disgustingly dirty, so we asked for them to be replaced and again we were served dirty plates. Once we got our food after a huge wait it was sooo salty you could barely take two mouthfuls without drinking a whole glass of water. Our quick exit was then met by the shock of the receipt which was not only way overpriced but had additional costs for service and gst which is usually included in the price of the meal. There was at least 10 dollars in hidden charges for a meal that was not only shocking but very pricey.

• Visited June 2014
Hi Sally G,
and thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant in Castle Hill.
I was disappointed to learn of your experience with regard to our food and service. As you can see from our average rating we always serve the highest quality food and we never miss to provide an high level of service.

We are sure our plates are always clean, as per our policy, and no one complaint came to our call centre regarding this question.

Regarding the cost, there are no hidden charges at all, the gst is always included in the final price, we just charge an extra 10% during Sunday and Public Holiday, and it's clearly specified on all our menus.

I really would like to follow up with this as it sounds this review comes from a misunderstanding more than a real bad experience so please don't hesitate to contact us at the following email address feedback@crinitis.com.au should you require any further assistance.

Thanks again
Sydney, Australia
“fantastic food as always”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Consistently great real italian food - especially after seeing the 'Trip to Italy' movie which makes you crave for italian. Two things are conistently a bug bear though - the lighting is so dim you can't read the menu at your table but have to stand under one of the few lights they do have, and secondly, it always takes at least 15mins to get the bill. One of these days I'll just walk out!

• Visited June 2014
Angelo D, Guest Relations Manager at Criniti's Castle Hill, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Hi Cyscott,
and thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant in Castle Hill.
I'm so glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us and that met your satisfaction with our food and service!

I'll personally speak with the restaurant manager in order to get a better lighting for each table, as well as I'll ask to fix the waiting time for the bill.

Feel free to contact me before your next visit so I can make sure your next dinner is as perfect as your last. Thanks again!

Kind Regards
Sydney, Australia
“Poor service (on more than one occasion)”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I have dined at this criniti's more than once with different groups of friends at the chance that different dining times would result in different staff for different shifts but unfortunately the service has gone from unfortunate to just unacceptable.
At the early stages when things were quite busy mistakes such as taking a request for water but never returning with said water were forgiven (solely due to us giving the restaurant a chance). But then it got to a point when getting the attention of your own waiter/waitress was impossible. I dined there with my family on a Sunday when we thought surely it's not a busy period, we'd get a little more attention - but no. We got served our food before we got the drinks. Not just accidentally before, but our drinks order just mysteriously vanished and we ended up eating 90% of the food before the drinks hit the table.
The most ridiculous of situations was when a group of us girls went there JUST for dessert because what could possibility go wrong with that?? We were served dessert... But were given no cutlery. Cmon guys, your standards from opening night have slipped beyond repair, and the service we receive at the darling harbour restaurant is miles ahead. Needless to say when I venture through the Piazza with friends deciding where to go, Criniti's is no longer an option.

2 Thank Cas K
Crinitis_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Criniti's Castle Hill, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hi Cas K,
Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant.
All the feedback and comments coming from our guests are vitally important to us, and we take seriously every single one.
I'm sorry your experience with us hasn't met the expectations and I can assure that when something like this happens, we immediately take the proper measures as we did already.
Sometimes our restaurant is especially busy but obviously this is not a reason for not providing the best service we use to give.

I really hope to see you again in any of our locations, and please feel free to contact us at the following address feedback@crinitis.com.au at Angelo attention in order to follow up with this.

Angelo