Best Western Balan Village Motel Nowra
$96
Bomaderry Motor Inn(Bomaderry)(Great Value!)
$79
$75
Pleasant Way River Lodge(Nowra)(Great Value!)
$86
$83
$134
Marriott Park Motel(Nowra)(Great Value!)
$82
$77
$75
$73
$127
Berry Village Boutique Motel(Berry)(Great Value!)
$124
$120
All reviewschinese restaurantrooms are cleanlarge roomvillage motelbasic breakfastacross the roadnights accommodationwould stay here againgood sizegreat stopjervis baythe air conditioningfree wificonvenient locationovernight stoproad tripgreat room
Reviewed March 21, 2012

While I agree with other reviewers regarding the very pleasant owners and staff (and excellent restaurant, by the way!), within an hour we found a large cockroach rushing about the kitchen counter! I presented it to the owner, who said they try to stay on top of them with sprays, etc., but that "they fly in Australia" - as if that were a good excuse. On our third night we had two more even bigger ones. We stayed at a number of motels across New South Wales, South Australia, Queensland and Victoria over a 5 week period, many of them considerably cheaper than the Balan Village, and we did not have this experience anywhere else. The place appeared clean, but to my knowledge, cockroaches are generally found in less than clean environments.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank janish47
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Rooms are beautiful, tastefully decorated and modern. Bathroom was absolutely impeccable, could not have been any cleaner. Room smelt nice, as soon as we walked in. Staff were very firendly. Stayed in many motels and this has to be the nicest. Thank yoiu for a wonderful overnight stay. A++++++ Mark & Kim Vincent

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark V
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed here when attending a conference in Nowra.
Large rooms very clean and newly refurbished.
Service was excellent and staff were very pleasant, so "tassiem" must have struck them on a bad day.
Tried the restraunt. it was excellent and well priced.
Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2011

While the location is good and the room is a good size with decent facilities, the treatment we received from the managers/owners was appalling and resulted in this stay being one of the most unpleasant stays I have experienced anywhere in the world.

Issue # 1 - Mice in the room. The first night we were woken by mice eating rustling around the room, this continued for every night of the stay and management's response was apathetic at best. A trap was provided but there was no apology for the issue or offer to move rooms.

Issue # 2 - Attempted to eat in the restaurant one night, went over at about ten past six as the advised opening time was six. No staff or other patrons in the restaurant. We waited for around 10 mintues, at one stage a staff member stuck their head out of the kitchen and looked at us but didn't bother to offer any service. We ended up eating at the Bowling Club 3 minutes drive down the road and it was great.

Issue # 3 - There was a dispute over the room rate which I admit was down to my misunderstanding of the rate I was offered. When I booked I was advised I'd been given a double room and I assumed this was a room rate, however when I went to pay at the end of the stay, the manger said as there were two people in the room I had to pay an additional rate per night and the original rate they had quoted was for one person. I did recall that the manager had asked me how many people were staying when I had booked and at that stage I was travelling on my own, the decision for my partner to accompany me was last minute and I didn't realise it was an issue as I understood that I was paying for a double room which naturally holds 2 people.
We had made no attempt to hide the fact that there were two of us staying there and I was disappointed the issue hadn't been raised on check in rather than being left to the last minute and raised in a very hostile manner.
Although I disagreed with the principle of the charge I was prepared to pay it but requested an invoice that showed the additional charge. This appeared to be way too much trouble for management and when we pushed the issue we were subject to a barrage of foul language and verbal abuse. For such a simple request the response was difficult to fathom. In the end, they did an about face and didn't charge the extra but made no apology for their appalling behaviour. I can only hope they don't deal with all customer concerns in the same way.

Please consider other accommodation options when you are in the Nowra area. Apart from the issues at this motel we loved the area and ate in some wonderful restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank tassiem
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Stayed here as I was travelling to a conference in Nowra. This motel is convienient and large plenty of parking.
It offers tasty fresh hot breakies and I would stay here again and the pool was fantastic, the staff were friendly and helpful, Like a home away from home. good value for money

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business