“Special?”
Review of Ganesh

Ganesh
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Blackburn
Cuisines: Indian
Description: A quality restaurant, delightful ambinence with Hema providing unrivalled friendly service which is matched by the high standard food presented for one's enjoyment.Probably the grestest compliment was provided by my partner's daughter, herself a chef & restuaranter who rated it excellent in every aspect.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had heard many positive reviews of this indian restaurant in Blackburn. On the day i visited it was fine. The service ok, the food good, but perhaps my expectations where too high. the Average rating means it was like any other Ive eaten at, nothing wrong - nothing to set it apart

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Indian classic! The banquet is perfect for sampling everything but beware - you will eat too much because you don't want to leave anything! Great for a get together or take-away. A hidden gem.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My friend and I visited twice on a Tuesday night, around a month apart. The restaurant wasn't very busy so it was easy to get a table. If I remember correctly from the first visit, it is a family business and there was only one woman attending to diners.

On the first visit, we bought the banquet, which we loved (apart from one of the desserts being dry) but was too much food. We didn't need anyone to ask us if we wanted anything else.

On the second visit, we ordered from the menu. At some point during the meal, we were told that we didn't want something because we were too full. We both said no, we did want it. After the mains, we were hoping to order dessert. We waited for close to an hour but no-one came back to the table to see if we wanted anything 'though the woman attending to the diners (I think there were 2 others at this stage) walked quickly past us several times.

We will try a different restaurant next time we decide to eat Indian food.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had the privilege to dine at Ganesh twice during our recent trip to Melbourne (Dec 2012). What a wonderful experience! Friendly staff, great prices and the food... the food was probably the best indian meals I've had in my life. They have an extensive menu to choose from with a great selection of both meat and vegetarian dishes. Portions are very generous. Food was incredible, rich in flavour, delicately spiced and beautifully presented.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

As a regular customer of this restaurant, I could not fault it until our last visit. I don't know if there are new management, as the staff were different to who we normally have on a Saturday. We had to wait a fair while to place our orders, despite being the only (2) customers..the staff seems to be more interested in putting together three tables than serving us. One of us received our drink after a considerable wait, the other did not. When we asked for that drink the staff member was surprised that I wanted one despite having written it on the order. We didn't wait for our food as the service was appalling and went to another Indian restaurant in the area. We will not be going back. We DID like this restaurant once, the food and service was great. Not any more. No service, no customers.