“Fantastic surprise”

Harley Rides in Melbourne - HD Chauffeur Ride Pty Ltd
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Blackburn
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Melbourne from a totally different perspective on a Harley Davidson motorcycle joyride and tours where you are the passenger and someone else does the driving. Sightseeing tours from 1 hour to full day. Includes winery tours, Great Ocean Road tours and fully customised tours. NB: Do not book via Adrenaline or Red Balloon - they are not one of our agents. We come to you and will pick up at your hotel. For all ages, no special experience required all equipment supplied. Operating since 1993 with many experienced riders licensed by Victorian Taxi Directorate.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

What a fantastic way to see another part of Melbourne!. We were in Melbourne for the tennis and my husband had told me to keep Thursday morning free. I can not describe the excitement when I went downstairs and saw John waiting for us in leathers alongside his Harley. I am not usually a big motorbike fan but after an hour long trip around Melbourne I have been converted. John was friendly, helpful and informative. My husband had booked the tour from NZ and said it was a hassle free experience. I would strongly advise people to give this a go. There is even a sidecar option.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
John K, Owner at Harley Rides in Melbourne - HD Chauffeur Ride Pty Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for choosing us to show you around Melbourne. I recall you saying you had been to Melbourne before but hadn't gone outside the general CBD. Hopefully next time you come back you will be able to do some of the things I pointed out to you both during our ride together.

All reviews
"my partner"
in 3 reviews
"west gate bridge"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
"en route"
in 7 reviews
"guys"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I booked a harley ride for my sister and friend and after booking with another company that kept changing my time and making me feel like my booking was an inconvience, John was a pleasure to work with, nothing was too much trouble. His service was very professional and my sister hasn't stopped talking about it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. Not all Harley Ride operators in Melbourne are the same and we take pride in being the trend setter in the industry. It may surprise people to know that our industry is very small, and that we all tend to work together. In fact the operator in question has been used by us on one of our group rides in the past. BUT, that was in the past, I now no longer use him because he doesn't come up to the high standard my company has become known for. I also happen to know that there were many riders who were available that day who could have been used by him for your booking. But, it appears that in his quest to make more money he wanted to do the ride himself rather than organise and pay another rider to fill your booking.

Our business is about "making people happy". If I was in it for the money, then I certainly wouldn't be doing it. Motorcycles are my passion and sharing that experience with our customers is why I am in business. All the riders I use service and maintain their machines to the highest standards. Safety is the priority.

One final point, there are a number of Internet Agents Sites for whom this other operator is a supplier. It may interest anyone reading this to know that none of these agents do quality or safety checks on their product suppliers.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Desperate for a unique Christmas present for 2 boys aged 10 and 12, I contacted John at HD Chauffeur Ride Pty Ltd after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. This was an amazing adventure for the two boys and my 25 year old son who also rode with the guys. I cannot speak highly of John, Michael and Stuart who gave an experience to the boys that they will always remember. If looking for professionalism and excitement I would recommend this experience to people of all ages.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
John K, Manager at Harley Rides in Melbourne - HD Chauffeur Ride Pty Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you Simone, and to think you found us via Trip Advisor : ) Every time we pulled up at a set of traffic lights I would ask the boys what they though of the ride. Their responses were enthusiastic and the smiles on their faces seemed to go from ear to ear. Maybe we have created some motorcycle converts here?

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were met at our hotel by 4 big burly bikers with their Harleys - a little intimidating until they greeted us with bright smiles and "Good morning, how are you?" Tough looking guys, who were all gentlemen.

After choosing our bikes and donning the one-size-fits-all leather jackets, gloves and helmets, we were off. It's important to look the part, you know :-)

John, Stalk, Bob & Mick the bikers all ensured we were safe and well taken care of. They were very careful riders, sticking carefully to the speed limits, but you could feel the raw power of the bikes as they revved up moving uphill.

Our 4-hour ride to Mt Dandenong and back went by too fast - the ride was the most fun we had during our week in Melbourne, so thanks guys, for making our day. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something unique & fun.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
John K, Owner at Harley Rides in Melbourne - HD Chauffeur Ride Pty Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for those kind words. Yes, we are not the most handsome chaps, but we are all very experienced and passionate motorcycle riders. Thank you also for letting us record a video of your trip, which is now on our FB site. The Dandenong Ranges is a great ride and one of my favourites. The scenery is spectacular and there are many great motorcycle roads : ) to be enjoyed.