“Well worth staying at!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bass Hill
globetrek337
“Well worth staying at!”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

This place stacks up, beds great, clean tidy rooms for $130 Aus, and good staff. Little Chinese resturant around corner which Is great also.

It's not a family holiday place, but good for a few nights, and really the beds are insane, no traffic noise.

• Stayed November 2010
The_Hotel_Team, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this review, November 21, 2010
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Very disapointing about the hot water system problem last Monday 8/11/2010.
We check in at 8pm .Could not have a shower as there was no hot water available.
The problem still not fix when we check out in the morning.There was a period of more than 12 hours to call for an emergency after hour service but not thing has been done.
The hotel should consider a full or part refund to be given as compensation to their hotel guests.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced during your recent stay at the hotel. All hotel staff have been re-trained to ensure that the same problem does not occur in the future.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Just stayed at the Rydges for 3 days. Breakfast: Average buffett, about as good as Maccas which is next door. Bed is a little too soft, maybe used too much. My room was clean and well presented. LCD screen is a bonus. Looks like the pictures on the website (but of course in it's best light)

Now for the bathroom. It is average or below because I think shower curtains make it look old and dirty but everything else is clean and average (guess that is what you get for budget hotels)

Staff. Well I guess it all depends, I got there at 12am and the girl that served me was very nice and tried her best to get me a room even though they did say check-in after 2pm. So I would say excellent staff!

Verdict: I would try a better hotel for price if I can be borthered but it was not bad to stay at.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. Your reccommendations will definitely assist in improving the quality of the hotel product and service.

West Wyalong, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My husband and I and two kids spent two nights at the Rydges Bankstown in October and I too, was a little concerned about the bad reviews I had read. We found the hotel to be everything we needed. We were there for the Catholic Primary Schools Basketball Championships and had 50 other people in our group staying at the same hotel. There were very few complaints. A couple of our friends didn't have enough beds in their rooms but the staff either offered them another room no charge or organised a stretcher bed for their kids. The queen size beds were extremely comfortable and made it hard to get out of in the morning!! I would definately stay at this hotel again. I never have to high an expectation when it comes to hotels - all I want is comfort and cleanliness and that is what we received. The only criticism I would have was that the beer from the bar in the lobby was hot - but hey that is pretty trivial in the scheme of things!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Fantastic feedback! Thank you very much for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I noticed some of the poor reviews and were a little reluctant but took a chance. Check in was fine and the room generally clean and tidy - I use the word 'generally' because there was dead cockroad in the middle of the bathroom floor. But hey it had died since the cleaners had done their bit and we saw no other signs of its friends. The bed was quite comfortable and the road was very busy all night but we didn't hear any of it. We thought the price was quite reasonable particularly when you compare to city hotels were parking costs are substantial.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Pest control is now being carried out on a quarterly basis to ensure the hygiene of the property is maintained at all times.

Shellharbour, NSW
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Stayed at the Rydges while on a work trip to Sydney. Was a little bit worried about what we were going to find waiting in our rooms based on other reviews we'd read. It was clean, staff were friendly and helpful (apart from a little confusion on check out), beds were amazingly comfortable! Ok, so the couch in my room was a little shabby and the whole place could do with a bit of a spruce up, but it wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed that's for sure. I would not be concerned if I had to stay at the Rydges Bass Hill again, on the whole a pleasant stay!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
The_Hotel_Team, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this review, June 20, 2010
Thank you for your positived feedback. It is great to hear that the hotel and facilities were to your satisfaction. I have passed on your comments to the hotel team and they are delighted to know their hard work does not go unnoticed.

We look forward to you staying with us, on your next visit to Bankstown.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

Our number one priority in a hotel is a comfy bed. Both my partner and I have back trouble so the beds were wonderful. But the roll away for our 3 yr old was terribly uncomfortable for her. The room was a bit on the shabby side. But it had a good LCD TV and a comfortable desk chair. The fridge was well stocked, a bit too well stocked thus little room for our own things. Also this presented a problem with our 3 year old as she wanted to take the things in there not grasping that she just couldn't have any of it. We were supposed to stay 4 nights but the 1st night we were about 15-20 mins away and I get a call on my phone that they had a water leak on our floor and they were putting us in the Motel just up the road from them. And as a compensation they gave us a $100 meal in the house restaurant. We ended up spending $120 and no charge. If I had to pay for the meal I would have been severely disappointed though. My steak was a terrible cut with grisle all through it. Also the atmosphere of the dining room was lacking. It was just a cordon of spot in the lobby. Also had to pass through second hand smoke out the front door, yuck.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
The_Hotel_Team, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this review, May 10, 2010
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. The team is currently in the process of enhancing the overall ambience of the property over the next few months, especially the restaurant. I am glad you enjoyed our Rydges Dream Beds, however, I was dissapointed to note the rollaway bed was not very comfortable and you encountered second hand smoke while exiting the hotel. Based on your feedback we have new designated smoking area to avoid any inconvenience to our non-smoking guests and will strive to maintain beds of the highest quality.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bass Hill
#1 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
Mercure Sydney Liverpool
Mercure Sydney Liverpool
#3 of 10 in Liverpool

Been to Rydges Bankstown? Share your experiences!