Rydges Bankstown
$100
$102
Travelocity
  • Pool
Travelodge Hotel Bankstown Sydney(Bankstown)
$102
Holiday Inn Warwick Farm(Warwick Farm)
$105
$51
$89
$79
Priceline
The Brown Jug Hotel(Fairfield Heights)
  • Bar/Lounge
$71
$68
All reviewsonly criticismcomfortable staydripping tapwestern sydneybuffet breakfastbed was very comfortablestaff were friendly and helpfula bit tiredpublic transportfree parkingsmall shoppingconvenient locationpleasant surpriseroad noiseupsideheapsconference
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed there for three days while doing a job in Bankstown. Check-in was fine. Only suggestion would be that they tell you the free WIFI Password on Check in rather than having to ask later. i was beginning to doubt it had free WiFi. Went to my room and it was June and it was cold. tried turning the heater to Max and nothing really was happening. it wasn't heating the room. Went down for dinner and spoke to reception and got Free WIFI password and told him about heating. Said the whole Hotels Heating system was getting reset. The three days I was there it never really got a lot warmer in my room.

My room had poor lighting as there is no light globe in the middle of the room. They have a couple of Fluro Lamps. It is fairly tired and dated decor but I did like their Doona or whatever it was much nicer than those Acrylic blankets you get in a lot of hotels.

Dinner the first night was a Sirloin Steak in the restaurant. The presentation was amazing. it was served on a Large Square Black plate that looked like a piece of Slate. It was very impressive. The Sirloin was a bit tough but overall it was a very nice meal.

Breakfast was the usual band of goodies ( Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Fruit Salad, Pastries etc) with a couple of extra Egg dishes you could order if you liked. Only complaint would be the last day I was there the Juice Dispensers were 95% empty, the three of them. they didn't appearing very inviting to think you were getting the last of the last.

Had an Entree and Desert the last night I stayed there and they were very nice to. Presentation was no wear near as impressive as the Main course but tasted great anyway.. Dessert was some sort of Banana Pudding with Ice cream. It was really nice. I liked that it was very Sticky and hard to cut through, but a lot of people would have struggled to get their Spoon through it. I was hoping it wouldn't fly off the plate.

The staff were pretty friendly ordered a Cab for me a couple of days I was there. I was on the Hume highway side of the Hotel and thought it would be pretty loud. It didn't see, to bother me but if you are a light Sleeper I would suggest you ask for a room on the Backside. It is also right next to a McDonalds and has a KFC Red Rooster and Hungry Jacks within sight and walking distance. There is also an Amazing Lebanese Bakery just a few doors away to.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the Back away from the Hume Highway and McDonalds.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Paultomas, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.
We most definitely have FREE Wi-Fi! And to ensure you don’t forget the password we now have it written down for you ready for your arrival so you can make the most of this complimentary service.

It’s disappointing to hear they were not able to rectify the temperature issue in your room as our maintenance team are very prompt in these matters, I’ll be following this up as it seems like a breakdown in communication.

I’m glad you had the time to try our restaurant for both Dinner and Breakfast and more importantly that you enjoy it. You’ll be glad to hear we replaced the Juice dispensers with 700ml juice bottles to ensure the juice is always fresh and constantly rotated.

Cheers,

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have always stayed at this facility when travelling from Tasmania to Sydney and have always enjoyed the hospitality you get while there from very friendly staff. However, I found it frustrating every time you wanted water you had to use the bathroom as there was no water in the dining room/lounge area. But apart from that it was great and I would highly recommend the Rydges Bankstown to anyone who was looking for good accommodation at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your recommendation and commenting on the friendliness of our staff. As mentioned before, customer service is of the up most importance for Rydges so it’s great to hear this acknowledgement.

In regards to the availability of water in the dining room/lounge whilst we don’t have a water dispenser once the breakfast service period is over, at anytime any member of staff will always be only too happy to serve you a chilled ice water or there is bottle water also available for purchase if that is your preference.

Thanks for your continuous patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The staff were very professional and were able to help me with directions which I appreciated.
The breakfast was excellent and the room was large,clean and the bed inviting. The doors were a bit tired and needed a coat of paint.
I will stay at Rydges again.

Room Tip: Road side of hotel can have street noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Hi Kevin
I’m pleased you enjoyed our ‘RISE’ Breakfast; we like to focus on healthy fresh products in addition to all those brekkie favourites.

I’m also pleased to inform you that all the accommodation doors have now had a fresh coat of paint!

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights in the top of the range Spa Room, but even as a Priority Guest Rewards member, it doesn't seem that they do anything special for you. All of the following incidents are avoidable and leave a bad impression ....

- arguments with the bar staff about the 'free drinks on arrival' offer
- one bedside light was not working - due to the fact it didn't even have a globe !!!! Can you believe that is not noticeable to room service ?
- the lock on the door didn't work
- balcony was never cleaned, as there were cigarette butts there for all 6 days
- ordered room service on the last night so we could have a memorable last night staying in. After 45 minutes I called up as nothing had arrived. We were told that they were busy and it would arrive in 10 minutes. Sounded more likely to me that they had forgotten us as when we went up stairs the restaurant was empty. After 15 more minutes, still hadn't arrived. After 3 conversations with the room service manager (or whoever it was that answered the phone), I go the impression that 1) he didn't care, 2) he had not been trained in any form of customer service, and 3) he was just plain rude as if our problem was an inconvenience to him !!! he claimed he was reluctant to talk to me because I was rude - now having to wait so long for our meal certainly made me impatient and irritated. but that is no excuse for him to be rude. You certainly wouldn't put up with waiting for food in the restaurant itself for 1:15 minutes, so why should you with room service ?

The room was large and the bed was comfortable, however the spa bath, which you had to also stand in to shower, had an edge that is too high, so could be dangerous getting in and out. And there is no anti-slip mat provided. Every night seems large groups of Chinese tourists arrive and fill up the foyer, yabbering away and causing a disturbance. It is impossible to relax there or have a quiet drink at the bar. Even my partner, who is also Chinese, found them annoying !!! I am just glad there were not staying on our floor making noise all night as one reviewer had to endure.

It was the cheapest Rydges I could find at the time to stay at, and the experience we had was also the cheapest out of the many Rydges hotels I have stayed at :-(

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank redracer69
Paultomas, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thanks for your feedback regarding your stay.
I trust your light bulb and door lock were replaced/fixed once you notified reception, light bulbs that are out are noticeable to our housekeepers but as we have all experienced they can blow at anytime.

It is very disappointing to hear you were not spoken in a polite calm manner by a member of our staff as we expect all of our staff to behave. Great customer service is one area we pride ourselves in but clearly this was not your experience. This has been addressed with our F&B Manager and Executive Chef as the lengthy delay you experienced with your meal is also out of the ordinary.

As you pointed out the rooms are large and with ample parking and the great location we do attract a variety of groups for tours, sports and conferencing. As you can appreciate once you get a group of people together they can be heard but I would not describe our customers as a disturbance and the spacious ground floor and outdoor area by the pool gives everyone a lot of room to spread out.

Once again, thank you for your comments, guest feedback is important to us and very much appreciated.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Too expensive for the room and cleaning. They even did't dry the bathroom floor (wet because shower moldy tent do not cover all the surface). Still have a doubt if sheets were unused...
Restaurant is good and place is quite. I suppose it's easy to find something similar for less money

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank ghiego
Brett B, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Hi Ghiego,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues during your recent visit, I have discussed these points with the department concerned to ensure that it does not occur in future.
Thak you for your feedback.

Regards