Rydges Bankstown
$100
Travelocity
$103
  • Pool
Travelodge Hotel Bankstown Sydney(Bankstown)
$123
$64
$138
$115
Agoda.com
The Brown Jug Hotel(Fairfield Heights)
$59
$55
  • Bar/Lounge
$76
$69
All reviewsonly criticismcomfortable staydripping tapwestern sydneybuffet breakfastbed was very comfortablestaff were friendly and helpfula bit tiredpublic transportfree parkingsmall shoppingconvenient locationpleasant surpriseroad noiseupsideheapsconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The bed sheets were dirty - it was full of hair of the previous guest. there was dust on the phone and the desk. I called reception and asked for fresh towels which never arrived. This is highly disappointing. Obviously, the management of this hotel is very poor as the staff are not trained to pay attention to hygiene and cleanliness - my advice, please take your business elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank paymaan2016
Brett B, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear paymaan,
I am very disappointed to read your feedback oon your recent stay. I will ensure that this is discussed with our housekeeping to ensure our attention to detail is never compromised.
Thank you for your feedback.

Regards
Ali Ulus

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My daughter and I booked to stay for 5 nights at Rydges Bankstown between Christmas and New year. We had been looking forward to our stay, as previous experiences of Rydges Hotels have been excellent. Unfortunately, on this occasion, we were left extremely disappointed and felt like we were on another planet! Our room was on the top floor of the hotel and for the first and last nights of our stay, I did not get any sleep at all. On the first night, I retired to bed at 9.30pm (having driving some distance that day) and discovered that there were signifcant problems with the mattress - collapsing on right hand side - consequently it was impossible to lie on the bed without rolling off to the right. Then, at approximately 9.40pm, another guest entered our room! Yes, they had been given a door card for our room by mistake. When I raised these matters with reception the next morning, I received an apology for the error regarding the issuing of the door card to another guest, and was assured that maintenance would be in later that morning to address the issues with the bed. Later that day when my daughter and I returned to the room, I found that the bed had been made up, but that the same mattress (with a date label of July 2007) was still on the bed, and that the same problem remained. After raising the matter again with reception, my daughter and I were moved to another room on the same floor (which I might add had a leaking ceiling in the corridor - two buckets of water underneath the leaks in the corridor for most our stay), where we we stayed for the next four nights. We were also offered a free breakfast for our inconvenience. At that point, I would have been happy to overlook the problems that we had encountered. However, on our final night, a group of foreign tourists booked into the hotel and were allocated to many of the other rooms on the same floor as us. At 10pm, this group was standing out in the corridor, having very loud conversations, slamming doors, and on one occasion knocked on our door. This continued on and on, and at 10.30pm, I phoned reception to advise that it is was impossible for us to sleep with the racket being made by this group. I was informed that a security guard would be sent up to check out the situation. Whilst they noise did quieten down for approximately 20 minutes shortly after, it started up again shortly before 11pm and at midnight, still having had no sleep, I phoned reception again to advise of the continuing problem. Again I was told that a security guard would be sent up to the floor. After this, I tried to focus on getting to sleep, as I needed to drive to Coffs Harbour the next day and needed to feel refreshed. Unfortunately, however the noise continued - and at one point, the persons in the next room attempted to open the door adjoining our room, making much noise as they attempted to open the locked door. At 1.30am, feeling incredibly frustrated, I got up, left our room and took the lift down to the ground floor reception to advise that people were still standing out in the corridor talking loudly, slamming doors etc. The staff then sent the security guard up in the lift with me to the top floor. In the lift, the security guard told me that he had attempted to get the group on our floor to be quiet, but that it was impossible as they did not understand English. Fortunately, on this occasion, the noise level did drop somewhat. However, by that stage, I was unable to get to sleep before needing to depart the hotel in the morning. This is definitely the worst stay I have had in a Rydges Hotel. Will not stay at this hotel again and would definitely not recommend it to anyone visiting Sydney.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Judvin
Brett B, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Judvin,

Thank you for bringing the issues from your recent stay to my attention.

Obviously it didn’t make for happy reading. I’d like to start by apologising for messing up your stay, rest assured we will be following up all the matters you raised.

In particular, I have spoken to houskeeping about the bed and this has now been changed over. I have also addressed the noise issues with security to ensure that next time they keep the hallways quiet.

Judvin, thanks again for bringing these matters to my attention.

Regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Wow, this is a really bad choice to stay. Very basic, no gym, no decent tv channels, in a really rundown part of the city and old. Wish we did not throw away our money in such a valueless way. Don't stay in this hotel chain if possible

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ALvCal

Thanks for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

I am disappointed to read that this stay did not live up to expectation.

The good news is that we are in the planning of considerable upgrade to the hotel which will see rooms and public areas remodelled. There is also mention of including a GYM as part of it.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed two nights with 2 adults and 2 kifs. Some fool had deliberately ignored rules and smoked in our booked room...Reception staff very helpful and moved us straight away. Unfortunately to a smaller room where kids complained sofa bed was uncomfortable. Room was discounted minimally and staff very apologetic. Breakfast good and rooms clean. Hotel is tired and needs some basic maitenance work to match Rydges standard but overall value for money is very good if you pick up a special or online offer as we did. Christine and Alana on reception are a credit to this hotel. Very approachable and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thanks for the review.

It is great to read your compliments to the staff. They work very hard and I will make sure that this is passed onto Christine and Alana.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We are Rydges Priority guests and stay in Rydges hotels 3 or 4 times a year.

Rydges Bankstown is an older property that is in the process of re-furb. The room we were in was a little dated BUT very clean and tidy. The bed (like most Rydges properties) was very comfy. The reception staff were very friendly and the Manager rewarded our return stay with a good rate.

We only had desert in the restaurant which took a little while to come out because they were busy but it was worth the wait :-)

All in all, if you need a hotel in this area then you could do a lot worse than Rydges Bankstown.

Cheers
Jason & Jacqui

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Hi Jasion_Jaqui
Thankj you for your feedback and I glad that you enjoyed your return visit with us.

Regards