Rydges Bankstown
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Banksia Motel(Bass Hill)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsonly criticismcomfortable staydripping tapwestern sydneybuffet breakfastbed was very comfortablestaff were friendly and helpfula bit tiredpublic transportfree parkingsmall shoppingconvenient locationpleasant surpriseroad noiseupsideheapsconference
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had to do business in the Bankstown area during the day and evening so it was easier to stay locally. It was great to find a reasonable hotel in the area that was of a high quality and good pricing.
The rooms are comfortable and clean, the service both front of house and in the restaurant are top class and the food in the restaurant very good. The area around the pool is very comfortable so all in all a nice experience.

Room Tip: Ask for room at back of hotel on higher level, less outside noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Brett B, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hi Rod,

Thank for the great review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

my wife and I stayed for my brothers wedding we booked ahead and got a package deal with a king spa suite and buffet breakfast,the staff told us about their new buffet on Friday nights,it was worth it,the staff were very friendly,after we had checked in,
a spa bath on the above floor,leaked though into our bathroom,so we were given another king spa suite and a bottle of red wine for the trouble,a special thank you to betty from roomservice who prepared a special lunch service for us with platters of fingerfood, as my wife was doing hair and make up for brothers wedding for the bridesmaids and my mother,in the room she could give the wedding party and me something to eat.thank you to Rydges we needed a break as my father has been ill couldn't make the wedding,we were treated very well by the bar staff and wait staff and the front desk. you made our stay wonderful thank you Rydges Bankstown.

Room Tip: book early and get savings so you get a great package deal with buffet breakfast and late checkout,always ask as they have deals all the time,they also have a rewards card through the motel ask about it,you save on food and drinks in the motel.and it's free to join.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the great review!

Betty is a star employee and I will make sure that this is passed onto her.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Lived there only one night, no idea about the service, but everything is a bit old.
Especially the sofa, it is not only old but dirty.
the room is not that clean, the bed is okay to sleep with my clothes on.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reinn T

Hi Reinn,

Thank you for your review.

As it happens, we are beginning the planning process of a major upgrade of the hotel and shortly you will be able to see a completely refreshed hotel.

During this time all the furniture will be changed over.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent two nights in a king spa room...the bed was very comfortable...room was spacious and everything was clean...it was very quiet slept in every morning ...staff all helpful...The only problem we had was the fridge was not very cold...I personally found this to be a very good hotel..

Room Tip: 401 very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Brett B, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hi Jodie,

Thanks for the great review.

Our fridges are compressor less, which is one of the reasons as to why the room is so quiet. The flipside is that they don't cool to the same level as a compressor fridge.

We are always happy to store something in our main fridge if you need something extra cold.

Regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have just had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a week. As I travel extensively for my work I am always keen to find a hotel who can cater to my needs. Here, quite simply, I have found it. The courtesy of the staff is excellent, the accomodation wonderful, (without doubt the best bed I have ever discovered at a hotel) This however is completely overshadowed by the pure delight of the dining room. The quality of food found here is of a standard you would expect at a top level restaurant, not a hotel. The Chef can only be discribed as a craftsman of their trade.

The wine selection is also of a top standard and if you are unsure of how to best combine your wine and food, the staff have the knowledge and generousity to assist.

All this combined with great convenience to all the major roadways makes this the perfect choice for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thanks Scott,

Great review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Try the Terre Terre Cab Sav next time you stay. I highly recommend it!

Regards,