“Problem with their website”
Review of Rydges Bankstown

Rydges Bankstown
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bass Hill
Mount Gambier, Australia
“Problem with their website”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I forgot to say that i had problem with this hotel.. I tried to book direct via Rydges website but was receiving error messages & it wasn't working.
(So i booked a room in their hotel via another website called Not one night. )
But what happened is, if their website didnt seem to work for ME, it was working for THEM.. they noticed 2 rooms had been booked (same name, same date) on their website) so they cancelled 1 booking. They obviously noticed sth was wrong.. But i NEVER received a booking confirmation.
I only got one after booking a room at Not One Night. There was also no deposit or booking fee charged in advance. So i couldnt guess anything at all. It's when I checked my bank account (after my trip in Sydney) that i noticed i had been charged from this hotel, and i didnt understand WHY as i had paid at the reception desk. It is my boyfriend who insisted so that I receive a full refund and he really had to fight to get one, when it was their fault if their website wasnt working properly. I hope it makes sense. But my advice if you try to book a room via their website and if it says 'error', call them to make sure no room is booked!

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Brett B, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you for your review .

Our E-Commerce department has fixed the error messages on the website. I apologise for the inconvenience that this caused you.

I still encourage all our customers to booking via the Rydges Website it quickest to book and if you join our RPG program you receive 10% off the rate. Plus 20% off Food & Beverage whilst staying in the hotel.

Brett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have stayed at Rydges twice prior to running the Hidden Half Marathon. I found the hotel to be very comfortable with modern rooms. I got a relaxed night's sleep before my race.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and positive feedback. I trust that your Marathon went well.

We are finding more and more people are staying at hotels like Rydges Bankstown when special events, like the Marathon, are on in Sydney. Our prices are much lower and we are only 25 minutes by car from the city. Plus we have the benefit of complimentary parking.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Brett
Melbourne
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The hotel is not actually in Bankstown, its in Bass Hill, about 5 kms away.
Good sized bed and room with quite location. The restaurant was good and well priced. McDonalds is next door if needed.
Car parking seemed safe beside the hotel. Nice entre area and bar area. Pool but too cold this time of year.
Beds were good and comfy. About 30 mins from the airport via M5

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Brett Barlow
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Very nice hotel catered to everything I needed staff are very customer service orientated and the bed was brilliant !!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
The_Hotel_Team, General Manager at Rydges Bankstown, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback and the hotel team look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Sydney
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Recently decided to stop overnight following a business meeting instead of driving back to Upper Blue Mountains. Hotel was easy to find and by far the nicest looking hotel in the area. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, rooms were basic but clean and fresh and food in restaurant was very nice.
There is plenty of parking and though I was a bit worried about car security I had no problems.
Not really a place to stay if on holidays in Sydney but ideal for short stopovers.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your the wonderful review. We are delighted you had a wonderful stay.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed here for my anniversary on the cupid package and loved it! I called to make my reservation and the lady was very helpful and went out of her way to find out the reason I was travelling and when she found out it was for our anniversary suggested the cupid package which made our stay that little bit more special.

Upon check in the staff were very friendly and helpful offering any assistance they could throughout my stay.

I will defiantly be stay again and me and my partner agreed to stay ever year on our anniversary.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Rydges Hotel, Bankstown (Sydney) in NSW, Australia for a couple of nights in July and loved it! The staff are great - friendly and helpful and the value for money was oustanding! Honestly, one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. The room was clean, well-appointed, spacious and tastefully decorated. Definitely recommended - why stay in the centre of Sydney when you can stay here?

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be equally good!