“Brilliant”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bass Hill
Perth
“Brilliant”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

On my first business trip to Sydney the company booked me into the Gardenia. Close to work, close to Sydney, close to shops. The food is exceptional and the servings are huge. The two owners and all the staff are very friendly and helpful. The regular guests who stay are very friendly and there is no need to eat by yourself as someone will always ask if you would like to join them at the table. Would highly recommend the Gardenia and I will return to stay again for business or pleasure with the family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Phill B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NEWCASTLE
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very friendly welcoming staff. Lots of parking and a great on site restaurant, the meals are huge.

Room is comfortable but very basic, I stayed in winter and it was very cold all night, Air conditioning was restricted on the controls.

Overall great little place, convenient and well priced.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We had booked 4 nights at a nearby hotel but found ourselves spending the first night here as our booked hotel put us in a room here due to a water leak on the floor our room there was supposed to be on. At first I was worried but found the room to be updated and clean. And it ended up being better than the room we were in, in the other hotel. Service was good. We rang up after checking out to let them know our little girl left her favorite teddy in the fold out sofa bed, and that we would return for it in the afternoon, it was at the front desk waiting for us! I would definitely try to stay here again by choice this time!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Shanan A
Nowra
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Stayed here for the first time to visit family during school holidays. Had teenages with me. Was very impressed with our room as well away from the highway and safe place to park our car. I'm pleased we stayed during the week as we got to experience the dining which was fantastic. Food was just great, waitress so helpful. Red Rooster next door for the next night and our with family the other night. Rooms where very clean and had everything we needed. Safe and clean.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank movingon47
parkes
Reviewed April 28, 2009

This motel is a hidden gem in Bass Hill especially for the worker, the staff are great very friendly and most hospitable from the person that greets you in reception to the house keeping ladies and everyone in between. Some of the standard rooms may be a little out dated but have all the amenities and they're very clean, if you looking for something a little more modern with a little more space ask for an executive room. The restaurant food is sensational and very reasonable priced. I would strongly recommend this spot to business travelers (ideal) and tradesmen people, but be warned you get addicted and want to go back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2009

Booked a room with this hotel on the way to the Sydney Rugby League Grand final (Sunday Oct 5th 2008). The chap I spoke to was very friendly and I felt welcome. They were almost booked out, Had 2 rooms left. I was given a room towards the end of the first floor on the left hand side of the complex as you drive into the building. I thought this was great as away from the street noise.

Room was very outdated and old. Desperately needs a re-do. However everything was clean, and parking a plenty.

Red Rooster is literally next door if you need a feed, McDonalds a little further up, still walking distance. Yagoona shops and KFC are probably a 4-5min drive away.

When I returned from the football, around 11pm. I had grabbed some dinner and was quite tired , looking forward to a good sleep before a big drive the next day. Watched a little tv, then hit the sack. It was now around 11.45pm.

Unfortunately a couple had then just entered the room next door. They werent loud, but you could hear their every conversation. I couldnt sleep. About 30 mins later they turned on the tv, again not too loud I dont think, but it was very annoying all the same. They then started to, ummm, how to I say this tastefully, make very passionate and aggressive love, lol. It went on for over an hour, not a wink of sleep for me. Then the worst part, they started to argue and complain about , what seemed to me, very trivial and simple stuff. This went on for a good 90mins. Finally I heard the bloke get a call from his mate and he left. I started to get to sleep well after 3am

In a nutshell, the rooms are ok, but if you want some quietness, whatever noise is coming from the ajoining room you will hear it. In my case it was probably an extreme case, but I love my sleep and wont take the chance of this sort of thing happening again, So unfortunately wont be staying here again for this very reason only

• Liked — Friendly checkin, clean, good location
  • Disliked — Ajoining room noise
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
#1 of 10 in Liverpool
Mercure Sydney Liverpool
Mercure Sydney Liverpool
#3 of 10 in Liverpool

Been to Gardenia Motor Inn? Share your experiences!