“In love with Koala's”

and up
Moonlit Sanctuary Daytime General Entry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cuddle up to a koala, meet kangaroos, wombats, dingoes, and colourful birds at eco-tourism accredited Moonlit Sanctuary. Frequent animal presentations and encounters, as well as a daily wildlife conservation show. Evening visitors enjoy an award-winning, magical, personally guided tour by lantern light, meeting endangered species and other bush creatures. See bettongs, quolls, gliders and owls at their most active.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Lincoln, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“In love with Koala's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The staff were great, a fantastic time was had whilst the cuddle with a Koala was the icing on the cake. A delight to see so many native animals wandering around with the chance to feed and photograph them.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank OldClanEllmes

• Thai first
Rye, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited this place in 2012 on a moonlit visit. It costs a little more than the usual daytime entry price but it is worth every cent. Many of the animals are most active of a night and sleep of a day so do the moonlit tour if you can.

The guide was friendly and very knowledgeable, the animals were clearly well looked after with room to roam in many cases. Some of the animals we saw on the tour I have never ever seen before, some of the smaller marsupials I did not know even existed and they would come right up to my leg without any fear. The group size was not too large, just right I would say.

Reservations are a must as they have to strictly limit group sizes so you will need to book ahead.

This would have to be the best attraction of the Mornington Peninsula for animal lovers.

I highly recommend it!

Visited May 2012
3 Thank l1ves2travel
Melbourne, Australia
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Lovely wallaby experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This small sanctuary is easy to access by car; this though can be a problem with road/highway sounds intruding at times. Never the less, if you cab get used to this you will enjoy some close up time with the wallaby population as they hop through the bushes and try their best to make contact with you for a bit of food in return. Buy small bags of food at the reception desk as you come in - it costs a few dollars but gives back more than that in the experience with the animals.
Staff are friendly and informed, and willing to chat about the animals even when not during a scheduled presentation. I worried about the reptiles in glass/wooden boxes in the reception area - that just didn't feel right. Also, the dingos looked a little thin to me (when compared to others I have seen) - but hey, I am not a dingo expert. Some of the birds were spectacular. Give it a go if you are in the area, could be fun.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank CilliA
MiMi&Sue, Manager at Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Cillia,

Thank you for your review of Moonlit Sanctuary. I am sorry you found road noise annoying, our road is not particularly busy. Perhaps the occasional truck passing is more noticeable than the constant hum of traffic that would be experienced with a busier road.

You may be assured that our dingos are at a healthy weight. In fact one of the biggest problems with captive animals is preventing them becoming obese, something we work hard to avoid with all our animals. Likewise our reptile enclosures meet all applicable standards for the species they enclose. Reptiles cannot control their own temperature so in many cases need to be kept in temperature controlled environments.

I am glad you enjoyed our birds, and found our staff friendly. We are working hard to provide a great experience for all our visitors. Especially I hope you enjoyed our critically endangered Orange-bellied Parrots, a species we are working hard to conserve.
Stevenage, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great Koala & Kangaroo experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This sanctuary is awesome. A great family visit and the homemade meals in the cafe were delicious.
The whole family took the opportunity to cuddle to Koala which was brilliant and a true highlight of our aussie adventure.
The children LOVED feeding the kangaroos and Wallabies, particulalry the joeys. Seeing the yellow belly parrots kept the adults happy!
The staff are helpful and informative however we felt free to wander and enjoy the animals

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Claire R
London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great way to see the wildlife up close”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently visited Moonlit Sanctuary as part of a day bus-tour from Melbourne. Although small, there are many animals to see and the staff is very helpful and informative. Cuddling a koala was awesome, but feeding the wallabies was almost better. They were far too cute for words!! The park is easy to circulate around. I can see how this would be great for families, but as a single adult who had never been to Oz, it was a really great way to see a whole bunch of the native wildlife.

Visited January 2013