“Beautiful cabin”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Monica M
“Beautiful cabin”
Reviewed January 22, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

This cabin is beautiful. Cynthia replies to all emails very quickly. She will message you to verify your stay is going well. I loved her cabin and will be planning to stay here again perhaps during the summer.

nvillalob...
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very Beautiful Home”
Reviewed December 27, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

This house was incredible. my stay at Big bear was just amazing. house was very clean and cozy, perfect for for the weather. Thank you cynthia we loved your home

Your age range 25-34
mbobik
San Diego, California
“Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed August 5, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

There were many issues with this property: large amounts of food and other items were left from the prior renters inside the refrigerator and freezer, which we had to bag into 5 trash bags and drive into town to dispose; the septic tank was in need of pumping to the extent that the toilets were bubbling, septic gas could be smelled from inside the cabin as well as outside on the deck; the sheets were dirty on two of the beds and had to be washed; there were many flies inside the cabin; there was no propane for the BBQ; the Direct TV was problematic and took me calling the company to resolve the matter; there was no curtain on the master bathroom window which caused a lack of privacy due to it facing the road.

There were numerous attempts to resolve the above concerns with the owner, and she was responsive on the septic tank and had it pumped. However, regarding the other matters it was very disappointing that we had to resolve the issues on our own which caused a great deal of inconvenience. When we asked her for a price reduction on the rent, she denied it and gave interesting responses such as, we were supposed to bring our own propane and that she leaves leftover food for her renters to use.

On a positive note the cabin offered wonderful breezes, high ceilings, and a nice view.

Unfortunately, the negatives outweighed the positives on this rental. Therefore, we would not rent this cabin again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the breeze in the living room and master bedroom as well as the view but unfortunately a dry lake
Liked least: overall customer service
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Aug 15, 2016
Just to be clear. I knewthis guest was going to be trouble from the day he booked. He called countless times on the day of check in asking if he could check in early. Mind you it was 4-5 hours early. He kept saying he was driving by the house and it looked empty and therefore he was going to check in. I did advise him there is early check in fee be aside I do have to make sure my clea just crew had everything ready for them befor check in. EVERYTIME and I mean EVERYTIME he called which I answered and handled the "problem". There was food in the refridgerator? Yes, you there are condiments and of the previous guest left condiments I have no control. I did advise him to feel free and throw away any unwanted food in my fridge, which no way can fit 5 bags of food?! Propane for the deck grill.. I provide two tanks but you are responsible I filling them if they are out of gas.. This guest considered lint on one of the sheets dirty. He considered a couple dead flies In The garage window a problem. The master bathroom window blinds were taken down from previous guest because they were broken by accident. I don't have any neighbors in front of the house and the side neighbors cannot see thru that window. Again all of my reviews reflect my home exactly expect this one. Warning if you rent to the client you will have lots of unneeded art complaining. We are renting our home away from home. it's not a 5 star resort. I treat all my guest with respect and honesty but I feel that this guest made all these complaints just to get money back. The ONE situation from he septic was fixed within hat hour and that was the only complaint I was made aware of. Not until 2 weeks after checking out did I get a long list of "complaints". I take pride in all of my reviews and I saddens me that this guest has ulterior motives.
ghostride...
San Diego, California
“very good features for the price”
Reviewed July 30, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Even though its away from the main lake, we liked the remote location for it's quite atmosphere with pine trees on the property and good views from porch and upper level patio. We spent a-lot of time on the 2nd level deck watching the sunrise, sunset and stars at night. It is also cooler there on muggy July afternoons. I would advise bringing box or large fans to help cool down the upstairs rooms in late July and in August. They do have fans, but the extra ones we brought helped. There were 8 of us and the family dog and everything went well at the cabin, it was well stocked and nicely appointed. Everybody had a good time.

Liked best: Upstairs patio deck
Liked least: Heat in upstairs rooms in mid to late afternoon during our late July stay
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Callahanj...
Arcadia, California
“This cabin was wonderful, enjoyed it tremendously, good time for all”
Reviewed June 20, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

This cabin was wonderful, enjoyed it tremendously. Good time for all. Very clean, very home like. Loved the view from the balcony. Loved the living area and the kitchen was full stocked with what ever you needed. Would recommend this cabin without hesitation

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cabin was very much like home and had a great view
Liked least: There was not enough propane in the tanks to barbecue
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing