“Another great experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eagle's Nest Bed and Breakfast Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear Lake
Eagle's Nest Bed and Breakfast Lodge
You added Eagle's Nest Bed and Breakfast Lodge to your Saves list
Lake Elsinore, California
“Another great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Thanks to Mark and Vicki, we had another great Anniversary getaway in the Hallelujah Trail room. We stayed a restful two nights in a very comfy bed, and we love the clawfoot bathtub. We even enjoyed a great movie(courtesy of the well stocked selection)on the huge TV in the downstairs living room, which is decked out in a wonderful lodge decor. Breakfast was wonderful as usual, with our special diets being very graciously accommodated by this wonderful couple. Vicki is an amazing cook who will spoil you with gourmet breakfasts, and eating in the cozy breakfast nook is such a treat. You couldn't ask for a better experience in the town of Big Bear!

Room Tip: The Hallelujah Trail room is on the south side of the B&B, away from the street
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charity H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The cottage we stayed at was Sierra Madre which is perfect for a couple with small kids, but would be too small for more than that. The cottage is comfortable, has a small kitchen area with all cooking utensils, and bathroom with jaccuzi tub. Unfortunately, there is no door between the bedroom and the main living room so that was a surprise to us. We had to stay quiet after the kids went to sleep in the living room sofa bed.
My second complain is that you can hear the next door person walking around and you can hear them using the toilet and flushing, it's very loud especially in the middle of the night so that woke me up a few times. If you are not a light sleeper, it won't be an issue. The property is very quiet otherwise.
The owners are very kind and will help you in any way they can. The pet treat bag was a nice touch too. Location is central and close to the lake, shops, and restaurants. I recommend this place to future visitors.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My children asked what I wanted for my Birthday, and I just asked for a weekend stay at my favorite cottage, "Alpine Getaway" I enjoyed some fine wine in the hot Jacuzzi tub, near the warm fire place. Upon awakening, I arranged to have a in house massage by Altitudes Massage, what a treat! after this I enjoyed the"best" breakfast served by Mark and Vicki, you actually get served on china and silver and served to a perfection! They are the best team and host and it just makes you feel special! I recommend this to everyone.

Room Tip: I recommend this for a quiet getaway, anniversary, or a romantic stay.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank chemtina
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We've been coming back to Eagles Nest every Christmas Week for four years. Mark and Vicki are superb hosts, and the loveliest couple. Our cottage is cozy, charming and romantic, with a stone fireplace to sit and cuddle up by. We love Eagle's Nest, you can't do better in the area.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank ZoeCostaMesa
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Mark and Vicki are everything the average tourist could want in a B&B host. My wife and I enjoyed talking with them on several occasions. Since we were the only guests, I began to feel like a burden to them we chatted for so long! They are by no means worldly and ready to be concierge to anyone's wildest needs, but they were people you'd stop by to see again even if you weren't staying there.

The location is central for seeing all of the Big Bear area. We chose a cabin over a room, simply for the bathtub/fireplace combo. This is possibly the most important feature my wife could ask for in any place we stay. A wood-burning fireplace next to a whirlpool bathtub and some wine may just be all she needs for hours! This particular cabin was the largest, but it was also street side. Fortunately, we never noticed any noise.

The very minor problems that one may or may not notice:
--The location isn’t very obvious when approaching from the east. The sign in front does not stand out and our GPS left us with a huge building between us and the Eagle’s Nest. Once you’ve been to EN, you’ll have no problem coming in from the front or the back. As I said, “minor.”
--The hang space was shallow. There is no closet, just a combination cabinet/armoire that is likely very old; the cabinet is visually proper for the room, but I was unable to hang my jackets and shut the door. Minor.
--The bed mattress is not of great quality; not a lot of padding between me and the springs. Call me pampered. However, at least it wasn’t a hard bed like the “great quality” bed I couldn’t sleep on last week…
--Perhaps the biggest problem on this list of minor things is that the Wi-Fi is not strong. This could be because our room was the farthest from the router or not. I had intermittent football updates and that is VERY serious!!!

Breakfast was delightful, especially with their own variation on Eggs Benedict and lots of fruit and all the goodies that I usually only consume for dessert! They also asked us the day before about our preferences for breakfast. One more “minor” problem, their breakfast sure did ruin our lunch! Good stuff and we ate too much!

There was a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Very good towels and soaps, etc., and a big cozy comforter for those who are visiting during the colder months.

Kudos to Mark and Vicki! We’ll be back.

Room Tip: If you go during the slow season (it's beautiful), Mark or Vicki may show you several rooms befo...
2 Thank hoohoolian
Seal Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I visited Eagles Nest for a romantic get away weekend. The room was decent size with mostly dated furniture but that added to the charm. The wood burning fireplace in the room next to the Jacuzzi tub was very nice.

The staff were great and made tasty breakfasts for their guests and had a lot of information of things to do in the area.

1 Thank Flint5oh
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We enjoyed every minute of our stay with Mark and Vicki. They made us feel welcome from the time we checked through the end of our visit. We stayed in Mountain Spirit. The room was very comfortable with real wood burning fireplace and the softest towels ever! The breakfasts were the best we've had.... green chili quiche one day and pumpkin pancakes the next. DELISH!! We will definitely stay again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Big Bear Lake
#2 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
4.5 of 5 stars 187 reviews
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort
ITH Big Bear Mountain Adventure Lodge

Been to Eagle's Nest Bed and Breakfast Lodge? Share your experiences!