“Tasty food with a view”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Santa Monica, California
“Tasty food with a view”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We had a late lunch here and found it to be very good. The Brisket, potato salad, baked beans were all tasty. The service was also fast and friendly. There are two restaurants, but if you want to sit on the beach side you can ask for the menu of the main restaurant and the servers will order your food from there. Beware that this is a dog beach, so if you don't like dogs sit at the main restaurant on their patio. We were there on a Sunday and they had live music on the beach. Depending on your taste in music, that may be another reason to sit at the main restaurant. Overall, we enjoyed the food and atmosphere and would recommend it.

• Visited June 2012

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Cash only policy has cost them their TripAdvisor rating, but not my business.”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I found this place by searching... TripAdvisor ratings. At the time, I believe this place rated 2nd of all the restaurants in big bear. Now, it rates 40 out of 80. Wow. I've been coming here for the past few years. Nothing has changed as far as I can tell. The food is great, and the selection is large, and the view you cannot beat. I like to sit outside and look at the lake as I eat. I do think it was a stupid business decision to stop accepting credit cards, because it is the only reason I can think of why the average rating has slipped so dramatically on here on 2 years. They explained to me that they had 2 options: raise the prices or only accept cash. However, that won't stop me from coming here. I like the food, I love the views, and I've never had a problem with their service.

• Visited May 2012
Bellflower, California, United States
“Worst Homemade Chili I've Ever Had !!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Being a biker I have had my fair share of Homemade Chili. This place claims #1 People's Choice chili on the Mountain. ROFLOL there chili is nothing more then Hormel canned with some brisket added to it. Here is the real sad part a bowl will hit your wallet up for a staggering $11 and is actually just a 16oz styrofoam coffee cup full. I got take out so I sure hope they give a better serving size Inside.

• Visited May 2012
New Durham, New Hampshire
“Stunning sunset location for a drink at B's BBQ Bar”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The restaurant and bar are two separate buildings. The bar is right on the lake and great location for a sunset drink. Excellent bar tender very friendly and mixed a great martini. Did not eat here so cannot comment on food but others in the bar did - food was brought from the other building in take out containers so did not look very appetizing!

laCrescenta, Cal
“Great BBQ in Big Bear”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Went there New Years Eve (almost didn't after reading a few review here) I can not believe what some had written. The food was delicious and the service was the best. Had a great evening with our friends and enjoyed our meal. I guess some people are just to ???