“awesome stay”
Review of Cabins4less

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear Lake
Cabins4less
California
“awesome stay”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Cabins4less offered us a lot more than we expected for the great price. Great clean cabin, free movie rental and free kayaking. The cabin is only 1 minute from the Lake. We can not wait to come back.
Bea

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed October 25, 2009

The owners at Cabins4Less never stopped surprising us with their kindness and hospitality. Every time we asked for anything, they were always happy to accomodate us!! They offer so many extra perks and NEVER charge hidden fees like so many of the other resorts in Big Bear Lake. Thanks Cabins4Less - you are the best!!!

Los Angeles
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I was seduced by the advertised low price. There were many, many problems with this place and this is actually the short and kind version. Don't be seduced like I was.
I've never written a review for anything before, good or bad, but I am motivated by the sheer awfulness of this experience and feel I must warn others, especially parents.

They insisted on being paid the full amount in CASH on arrival (so they could give me a discount) and would NOT give me a receipt. Thank God I didn't give them the total amount for the three days I had initially reserved.
I arrived at the place at 1130 pm after a 4+ hour drive. I was exhausted and just wanted a hot shower and a soft bed. The shower was broken when I got there and it took all day for them to fix it, and the general icky condition of the shower made me not want to even use it anyway.The cabin was tiny, the furniture was shabby and rickety. But, you get what you pay for so I wasn't expecting fancy. Functional would've been nice though. They didn't provide a remote control for the tv and the oven was unusable and set the fire alarm off for 30 minutes even though there was no smoke and nothing in the oven.The heater made loud banging noises all night and smelled bad. In the morning I was woken abruptly, (after a terrible night's sleep), by maintenance men banging on the side of the cabin, running machinery, shouting, and shoveling crushed stone into metal wheel barrels.There were also HUGE spiders inside the cabin. It was something out of a weird horror movie.
I tried to leave in the afternoon while waiting and waiting for the shower and other things to be fixed, but they twisted my arm into staying saying that the shower, oven, and tv remote, etc., were being fixed and I was getting "such a good deal."
Things break, I understand that, so against my better judgement I agreed to give them another chance. I also had already paid cash for the night and they wouldn't give me a refund.

The last straw was after the second night, when the television which was improperly fastened to the wall with an old ribbon, came apart on its own during the night and slid off the shelf, and in the morning, was dangling by only the power cord; posing an IMMINENT SAFETY RISK TO OUR 7 MONTH OLD CHILD!

The owners were quite aware of the problems I had and were not only unapologetic, but downright hostile. The owners wife said that because the "TV didn't actually fall on my infant and injure him, that I was complaining for no good reason." They said I just wanted to leave for the fun of it. Outrageous!

How can they acknowledge that there were so many problems and yet claim that I checked out for no good reason? They have no concern for the safety, comfort or welfare of their guests to the point that they were exposing themselves to a potential lawsuit due to negligence.

It was a huge hassle for me to pack everything up, including groceries, and go to a different and more expensive place, but I just couldn't stay one more minute. It is not worth my child's safety to "save" a few bucks.

After I left they fraudulantly charged my credit card for over $100 dollars. I disputed the transaction and won. It was yet another hassle to have to file a dispute. No wonder they want cash up front! They are nasty and unscrupulous people. The husband acts real sweet until you have a problem. The wife is a a nasty, greedy, lunatic. Do not stay here. Do not ever pay cash. Do not give them access to your credit card. Sleep in your car if you have to, but for the love of God, don't stay here.

I left before checkout time in the morning and they had plenty of time to fix and re-rent that horrible room. I called the owner after I saw the unauthorized charges and he asked me to send an email about all the problems, which was a big waste of my time, while his wife was screaming at me over the speaker phone. Horrible!
I videotaped a lot of this, including them screaming at me and admitting all the problems with the cabin. I'll put it on youtube if I get a chance. It's something else.

I can deal with a crappy cabin if the price is low, but I will not tolerate flagrant safety concerns and abusive thieves.

I ended up going to a different, slightly more expensive but oh so worth it vacation place. Where I took a nice hot, clean, spider-free, well-lit shower and slept like a baby.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank izzyrose33
Pasadena, California
Reviewed October 17, 2009

We stayed in cabin #3 at Camp Hollywood. It was not unclean, just very very ramshackle. It was built in 1880 and has very questionable upgrades. We could hardly sleep because we were so concerned about the safety of the electrical, plumbing and structural integrity. Between the animals scratching on the walls, people partying outside, proximity to the highway (only a few feet) and fear of electrical fire from the questionable appliances and electrical circuitry, we couldn't wait to get home. I could see outdoors from a crack in the tub when I took a shower. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

5 Thank lauraandnewman
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 7, 2009

We stay with Cabins4less every year, and every year we have an extremely pleasant stay. Patty & her husband go out of their way to make our stay pleasurable, with local recommendations for sights, eating, etc....

We look forward to next years stay!

las vegas
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I really enjoy trips to Big Bear. Ron and Patty makes us feel so welcomed and is always very accommodating. After calling several cabins/lodges/condos- Cabins4less is set-apart by offering free kayaking, use of their mountain bikes, fishing poles, dvd rentals and they also offered us to use them even after we checked out! It didn't feel like i was "renting" a cabin- it feels like an old friend was letting us use one of their cabins. This is our second time coming back to Cabins4less and it was fun! Thanks again Ron and Patty! See ya next time!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
so cal
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Very friendly and hospitable. Nice and cozy cabin. Centraly located.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort
Travelodge Big Bear Lake CA
Travelodge Big Bear Lake CA
#7 of 7 in Big Bear Lake

Been to Cabins4less? Share your experiences!