“Good food good wine great service!”

Black Diamond Tavern
Ranked #10 of 59 Restaurants in Big Bear Lake
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Black Diamond Tavern offers contemporary, American cuisine in a mountain approachable setting. With a bar, lounge and community table for casual dining and a fireplace framed dining room set with booths, Black Diamond can provide a range of experiences from intimate dining to a more interactive, social environment. Black Diamond provides weekend live entertainment along with 7 day a week happy hour from 3-6.30pm.
California
“Good food good wine great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner house made chips are great. Step above bar atmosphere. Food is good. Decent wine list.

• Visited May 2013

Riverside, California
“Pretty Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for an early dinner on a Friday. Our server was really nice. We enjoyed some of the happy hour specials (really cheap beer - price not quality) and liked our food. The food was just alright though, not great. I got the fish and chips and he got the French dip sandwich. The ambiance is very casual but nice enough. Because it was happy hour, we got quite a lot of food for not much money. Our only complaint was one server (I think another reviewer even mentions her too) who literally would not stop bothering us. She was not OUR server, she just seemed to roam the restaurant bothering the customers. Weird. If they would get rid of her (or just make her stop), then I would have given it a higher rating.

Visited May 2013
Faunskin, CA
“Good for late night and live music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our group of six enjoyed the meal and the live entertainment. The drinks were generous and the prices were very fair.

• Visited March 2013
San Diego, California
“Nice atmosphere, funny servers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Okay, first part. A cute little server comes by and asks how we are doing. We are near the end of the meal and my teenage daughter is a slow eater. The server asks if she is done and my daughter tells her no. No joke, not even 30 seconds go by and the same server comes by and asks my daughter, "Are you done with that?" My daughter was so polite, but looked at my wife and I like she just got sucked into the Twilight Zone.

The food is average. It hit the spot after a long day of ziplining and lake viewing. The pizza crust seemed a little store bought, pre frozen, not handmade. The salads were average, nothing to shout from the mountain tops. The fish and chips were the saving grace. Fried fish was flakey, decent portion, and the malt vinegar aioli was spot on.

Instead of bread, they bring out fresh potato chips. Look out cholesterol here I come. But, I lost the will power, and asked for a second serving.

Visited April 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice romantic spot! Great food! Nice staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stopped in for dinner. The restaurant was dark and they had candles lit in the fireplace, my wife thought it was romantic. I ordered a pizza called the Hangover, it was different and very delicious (chorizo, jalepenos and pineapple). My wife had the Calamari appetizer and some of my pizza. Staff was friendly.

Visited April 2013